Contact

Sunday, 21 May 2017

Recent Favourites




Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer (£5.49)

If you're looking for a high coverage, budget concealer the Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer is your guy. I only use it to cover blemishes as the slightly stiff texture makes it great for covering problem areas whilst also staying in place. However, this does mean if yo have dry skin, you may not get along as well with it, as I could see it being too dry and looking cakey. As I have a more oily skin type, this works so well for me. I press it into the skin, directly over areas that need covered and it stays there all day. I use either a damp beauty blender or my fingers to blend it out. I find the warmth of your fingertips does help it to blend smoothly onto the skin. It is described as a "natural" finish, which is the only thing I'd disagree with, apply too much and you're heading straight into "cakey" territory. Other than that, it blends into the skin well, lasts all day and covers everything I need it to. A winner in my books.

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Eye Cream (£15)

I am sure you'll hear me bang on about my eyes and how I took a reaction to something again resulting in me not being able to put anything makeup or skincare wise near them due to burning/stinging/extreme dryness. I'm putting this eye cream in here purely because it is the first thing I've been able to put near my eyes that doesn't make them feel like they're on fire. It is a nice eye cream, of course. I like the texture- A lightweight gel that sinks in quickly and instantly provides a soothing effect. It has also helped with the dryness, although I don't know if that is just because I wasn't putting anything on before (because I couldn't) so any moisture is helping at this point, who knows! Either way, I like it and recommend it for anything who has a particularly sensitive/fussy eye area.

Garnier BB Cream (£10) 

I haven't used this in a while, simply because I have lost any hint of a tan I ever had, so it's too dark for me. However, I had to talk about it because as soon as I get a hint of sun, I will be coating my face in this. Firstly, do not let the name "BB cream" put you off, it provides way more coverage/looks so much better than a BB cream usually would. I like a light/medium coverage, keep that in mind. This isn't the kind of base you'd apply for a night out or anything, it is however great for day to day wear. The texture is lovely. It is slightly thicker than a typical BB cream yet still feels weightless on the skin. It also looks so natural! I apply two layers blended out with a beauty sponge and it gives the the coverage I need whilst still looking like skin. The only draw back is the shades. There is a whole 2 to choose from- light and medium. I wear light and was mixing my Drops of Sun from The Body Shop into it to deepen the shade when I needed to. Works a dream! I highly suggest you give it a go.

The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation (£15)
Shade 012 Bora Bora
We've had the Fresh Nude foundation at The Body Shop for a while now but only recently have I started using it as my everyday foundation; and I am pleasantly surprised. "Fresh nude" hits the nail on the head description wise. It is a lightweight, fresh feeling texture that makes my skin look bright and glowy. I have to be careful as I do have oily skin and without a generous helping of powder this would easily make me look super oily/slide right off my face. With powder, however, it is lovely. A good foundation for everyday wear. If you were super, super oily and preferred a matte finish, you probably will not like this. It is described as "semi-matte" but I do find it rather dewy. Coverage wise, it is light but buildable. You wouldn't get more than a light/medium coverage out of it though, another thing to take into consideration but seeing as I only ever go for that kind of coverage it suits me just fine! I'd recommend popping into The Body Shop and asking for a sample to try it out, the shade range is also great!

The Body Shop Almond Milk and Honey Shower Gel (£5)

If you are looking for an SLS free shower gel- which I have been for MONTHS- look no further because I have found it! The Almond Milk and Honey range is the newest body care range at The Body Shop. All the products are lovely, they are specifically designed for dry/sensitive skin and have all been formulated with a hypoallergenic fragrance. The stand out product has to be the shower cream, though. I love it! I've already been through 3 bottles since it came out. It has a lovely, creamy texture- it is almost like applying a lotion in the shower. As is it SLS free, it does not foam, which means it does not dry out your skin. Finally! My only issue is I whizz through it, although that could just be my own problem as I do find I need to use a generous amount each time. I love it though and can not see myself straying from it any time soon,

Urban Decay Subversion Eyelash Primer (£16.50)

If you are someone who likes thick, curled lashes you need to get your hands on this primer. I find it makes such a difference to my lashes.  I use the Maybelline Lash Sensational, which on it's own is a good mascara but paired with Subversion lash primer is a great mascara. I usually have problems with mascara smudging due to having oily skin, but when I wear Subversion as a base it completely eliminates that problem. It also makes my lashes far thicker, giving them more volume and definition. It helps to lift the lashes and not only that, actually holds the curl. A great one for anyone who struggles to get their lashes to look good.

What have been your recent favourites? Leave me a comment below.

Thanks for reading.

Zoe x



No comments:

Post a Comment