Contact

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Feel Unique Pick n Mix Sample Service



I was browing on the Feel Unique website when I came across the "Pick n Mix" section and instantly got excited at the conept. 

Choose up to 5 samples per month for FREE
Pay only £3.95 shipping and handling fee
Get a £3.95 gift voucher in your follow-up email which you can redeem on a future purchase (excluding Pick 'n' Mix)

There is so many samples to choose from, from a wide variety of brands. You can choose from skincare, makeup, haircare, body care.. Anything! Some brands are high end, some are more budget friendly. I was really impressed with the variety of brands and products you get to choose from.

What I Chose:
Bare Minerals BareSkin Foundation (Bare Ivory) 
Elemis Pro-Collegan Eye Serum
NARS Skin Tint (Alaska)
NARS Orgasm Blush
Sally Hansen Air Brushed Legs (Medium)

Lets talk about the actual samples, shall we? Overall, I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Now I know these are "free" samples but some of them, are a bit like "..Really?"

I was most disappointed in the Bare Minerals Bare Skin foundation. Now maybe it was wrong of me to expect one of those tiny little bottle samples they were handing out left, right and center when the foundation first launched but I was so disappointed with the sample size of the one I received. This isn't even as much as a foil packet, it is a piece of cardboard with the product under a piece of foil that you peel back. You wouldn't even be able to get one application out of it.

The NARS Orgasm blush was also very disappointing. It comes on cardboard, the thinnest scraping of blush ever, that is so thin as soon as you put your brush in it, it crumbles to pieces.

The Elemis Eye Serum I expected to come as it was, a little sachet but that is fine. I have no problem with that. It is a very expensive, potent product that even that tiny 1ml will probably get me a good weeks worth of applications. Foil packets are a total pain to use but like I said, I was expecting it.

The Sally Hansen Airbrushed Legs was the most generous out of the lot, at 10ml but it came in a foil packet. I think it would have been far more functional to put it in a tube, which I was expecting

The NARS Skin Tint came in a tiny little tube, which I was expecting, so I am happy with that.

Yeah, overall, I'd say it's a good idea they are just missing it slightly. Like I get they are technically "free" samples but you do pay £3.95 which you then can only get back through a purchase on Feel Unique anyway. If it was genuinely completely free I would not be complaining but it is the fact I have technically paid £3.95 for this. I feel like all these samples are the kind of thing you'd get thrown in as an extra on an order. I think for this to work they need to make them at least appear slightly more deluxe. People love a mini, guys! Little tubs, pots, tubes, rather than foil packets and scrimping amounts of product squished onto the back of a piece of cardboard.

Have you tried the Feel Unique Pick n Mix service before? Let me know what you thought in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x



No comments:

Post a Comment