Contact

Tuesday, 7 June 2016

SLEEK Matte Me REVIEW (Affordable Kylie Lip Kit Dupe?)

Sleek matte me review, sleek matte me swatches

Sleek matte me review, sleek matte me swatches

Despite it coming into Summer, everyone still seems to be very much obsessed with the whole matte lip trend. Including myself. Every brand is now churning out their version of a matte liquid lip, Sleek being one of the most recent. Their Matte Me lipgloss caught my eye when I was browsing Boots.com and their offer for 2 for £8 seemed a far better deal than £20, plus £14 shipping for one Kylie Lip Kit, so I added a couple to my basket and checked out.

The shades I went for in the Sleek Matte Me lip glosses (I would not call these a gloss, by any means) are Shabby Chic, which is a nudey, pinky, mauve (of course) and Velvet Slipper, which is a darker, slightly vampy shade. It has a strong berry undertone too it but still ties in with the whole nudey-pink trend.



The formula is lovely. It is super light and fluffy in consistency, making it super comfortable on the lips. They aren't as lightweight as the Kylie Lip Kit, which, on me personally, I found practically weightless, but they are still super light feeling and not drying at all. Speaking of drying, I found that even though the Kylie Lip Kit did not feel dry, it looked it. Posie K sunk into and exaggerated every line on my lips, making them look really dry, the Sleek Matte Me lipgloss does not do that. Yay! Obviously, it is a completely matte formula, so if your lips are super dry anyway, it'll show but a good scrub and a balm underneath and you should be fine.

The Sleek Matte Me's are also very opaque in consistency and judging from the shades I have tried, they aren't patchy either. This may vary from shade to shade but Shabby Chic and Velvet Slipper both apply like a dream.


Top: Velvet Slipper
Bottom: Shabby Chic
In terms of longevity, they are great. Now, I don't mean to keep comparing them to the Kylie Lip Kit but with them being the most in demand matte lip product of the moment (and the only other liquid lip/matte lip gloss I have tried) I feel as it just makes more sense to. So with that being said, I did find the Kylie Lip Kit does last longer throughout the day. It really stays in place all. day. long. Only wearing away right on the inside center of my lip by the end of the day.The Sleek Matte Me do last a great amount of time though, don't get me wrong! We are still talking hours. The Kylie Lip Kit just goes that couple hours longer. The Sleek Matte Me wore away in the exact same way, right in the center, more on the inside. Everywhere else, wore evenly and did not flake or go patchy at all.

Despite not lasting as long as the Kylie Lip Kits, if you need to reapply, no problem at all. The Matte Me's stayed super smooth and even, no matter how many times you go over it.

Overall, I am so impressed with the Sleek Matte Me lip glosses. I think the quality is great, they're long lasting, pigmented and comfortable to wear. What more could you want? Oh and did I mention, they are also super affordable at only £4.99 each! Currently 2 for £8 in Boots. Amazing!

Have you tried the Sleek Matte Me lip glosses? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments below. Also, you can read my full Kylie Lip kit review with swatches here!

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x

6 comments:

  1. These look like lovely colours. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got some gorgeous vampy shades that will be amazing for Autumn/Winter time! I think I am going to need some more, haha! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. i've tried this liquid lipstick in the shade birthday suit and i love it, i haven't tried the kylie lip kit but i love the formula of the sleek lipsticks!
    m0llylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say you'd be fine without the Kylie Lip Kit if you've got these! Both are great products but why pay £29 when you can get a very similar thing for £4.99 ;) Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  3. I bought Shabby Chic and Birthday Suit at the weekend and I absolutely adore the formula. I'll have a review coming up soon too :)
    I didn't know they were a comparable dupe for the Kylie Lip Kits though #bonus x

    Rhi | www.rinkydinkyrhi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous, aren't they?! Amazing, I shall have to check that out! Thanks for reading. x

      Delete