Contact

Wednesday, 22 June 2016

REVIEW Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette (and Swatches)

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

Anastasia Beverly Hills answered all our eyeshadow prayers and have released the most gorgeous, warm toned eyeshadow palette to date. I am sure you have already heard so much about the Modern Renaissance Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. My Twitter/Instagram have been flooded with photos and swatches of the Renaissance palette recently and I couldn't resist picking one up for myself. Especially since you can get an amazing 15% discount through Cult Beauty, which I will tell you how to get at the end of this post!



This whole palette is warm toned. Totally jumping on the trend we have been seeing recently. I love the shades in this. So so much. My favourites being the mattes. Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Red Ochre and Realgar are perfection. They are all completely matte and just perfect for adding depth and definition to the crease. You could easily do a whole eye look with them, too. But so far, I have just used them to build dimension in the crease and it looks so stunning. They are so pigmented and blend out beautifully. You barely need to touch your brush into the shadow to pick up enough pigment to do your whole eye. They are easy to build and layer and despite being so soft and blendable, don't blend away to nothing. You know what I mean? I hate when that happens.

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

Whilst the mattes are gorgeous, the shimmer shades really knock it out of the park. I've been using Primavera a lot and it is stunning. A perfect example of how buttery and smooth these shadows are. The shimmer applies so evenly with a smooth finish. They aren't chunky or glittery in any way. They give a really intense shimmer that really stands out on the eyes. I love it! I can't get over how buttery and smooth they are.

The colours I went for the first time I used it were; Raw Sienna blended into the crease, with Burnt Orange layered ontop for some depth. I then applied a small around of Red Ochre to the outer part of the lid, to deepen it up a bit. I then applied Primavera all over the lid. I also blended a mix of Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna along the lower lash line. I then finished off with some black liner and mascara. It was a very simple and easy look to create and for someone who isn't the best at creating eye looks, I thought it looked really nice!

The only thing I have to say about the shadows, is you do get a lot of kick back with them (i.e they are powdery) When you dip your brush into them, you get a lot of powder fall out, which thankfully, does not transfer onto the eyes. I have had no problems with fall out once you actually apply the shadows, it is just when you apply them to the brush. A couple taps off the side of the palette will remove any excess powder.

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

I do think, however, this is going to be a palette for someone who is more.. Adventurous with makeup? Maybe that isn't the right word to us. For example, the look I created was very simple and subtle, but it still looked quite striking and bold on the eyes at the same time. The warm tones really pop and stand out on the skin, which is amazing! This just may not be the palette for someone who wants something super subtle and natural. This might just be my opinion! Obviously everyone is different and you can wear whatever you want, I do just find this is quite an intense, striking palette. It is going to be amazing for nights out and creating a really beautiful warm smoky eye, I can't wait.

The left side of the palette is more neutral and subtle, featuring a lot of mattes and soft satin shades. You could create a lot of very soft, simple eye looks with this, which you could wear every day. You then obviously have the brighter and deeper shades on the right side of the palette which will create far more intense, striking looks. I find the palette very versatile and no matter what shades you use, it will always look pretty and unique.

Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette review, Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette swatches

The Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette comes in at £41 but like I mentioned at the beginning of the post, you have the chance to save 15% off through Cult Beauty (you can use it on anything, not just this palette!) All you have to do is fill out your "Preferences" section, that you can find under your Account details. It takes literally a minute to do and at the end, you are giving a unique code to get 15% off your next order! Enjoy. 

Have you tried the Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette yet? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Thank you for reading.


Zoe x 




Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This palette is so pretty! I am on the fence about getting it though as I am just unsure if I would use it that often? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very versatile. The left side of the palette is more subtle and neutral, so if you wanted to use it more for every day you could! Then you've obviously got the brighter/deeper colours to use for special occasions/nights out etc :) I'd highly recommend it, I think it is beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Zoe, I think this is the best Review I have read on this Palette. I still look at it now, but I think it would be too bold. H x

    ReplyDelete