Contact

Sunday, 12 June 2016

NEW IN at The Body Shop (Pinita Colada, Drops of Sun, Skin Defense, Instaglow)


I posted on Instagram/Twitter a few days ago about The Body Shop and their new Summer releases. I have just been so impressed with the new products they have to offer that I thought I would talk about them a little bit more in depth.

The line that is getting the most buzz from the Summer of Love event is the new Pinita Colada bodycare range. To me, this is like the perfect Summer time scent. It is fun and playful and think it will make a great choice for taking away on a sunny Summer holiday. As you can imagine Pinita Colada is suppose to smell like the Pina Colada drink. It is a nice blend of coconut and pineapple. I was actually surprised at how subtle it was. I immediately imagined it would be a strong, powerful scent, especially since so many of our other scents are, but it is surprisingly soft. Do I like it as much as last years Mojito range? I am not sure, but I do love it. And yes, it is coming with me on my Summer holiday!

The Honey Bronze range has also been expanded to include the new Drops of Sun. I love everything about this, including the name! I think it is so clever and cute. So, on the bottle Drops of Sun is described as a "holiday glow creator" I couldn't have put it better myself, really. This is a tinted gel that you can mix in either with your moisturiser or foundation. It gradually builds up a natural, streak free glow to the skin. It is so easy and fuss free to use and the result it amazing. I will be adding this in to my foundation when I (hopefully) come back from Rome with a bit of a tan, to darken it up a bit. It saves you buying a new foundation shade and adds to your natural glow. It is great! And only £12, bargain.

Skin Defense, Skin Defense, Skin Defense. I have already dedicated a whole review to this little beauty but I had to mention it again. This is by far the best facial SPF I have come across. I am so fussy when it comes to SPF, everything is too heavy or sticky or sits weird on my skin. Not this guy! It is the most lightweight and easily absorbed SPF ever. It is SPF 50 with UVA and UVB protection. It is also loaded with Vitamin C and red algae to help brighten the skin and protect against environmental damage ans free radicals. If you have not tried it yet, I urge you to just swatch it on your hand next time you are in The Body Shop and see for yourself just now lovely it is.

My least favourite launch has to be the new Instaglow CC creams. I was actually quite excited for these to come out and when they did I was just left a bit.. Confused. They are described as CC creams, yet almost marketed like a primer? Okay, so, most CC creams on the market are either green, yellow, purple tinted, which is what offers the colour correction aspect, to which you then layer your regular base on top of. Others, come in flesh toned shades, with colour correction pigments running through them. They are what you'd use as your base.

The Intaglow shades are questionable to say the least. Bright Glow is a white, iridescent cream that reflects a violet/blueish undertone. It is very intense and shows up a lot on the skin, even on my pale skin. Peachy Glow is just.. Peachy. And Warm Glow is a very rich, red toned browny/bronze shade. So, this alone means they are not suitable for colour correction or to wear on their own as a base? I just don't really get where The Body Shop was going with this one. I own Bright Glow and I think it would look pretty dotted along the high posts of the face and blended out to give almost a highlighted effect to the skin. Which is totally not what it is meant to be used for but I am kind of out of ideas on how to actually make it come in useful! I'd say give these a miss to be completely honest.

Have you tried anything new from The Body Shop recently? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x


Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin





Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment