Contact

Friday, 3 June 2016

How To Add Texture and Volume To Fine/Flat Hair


If you have fine, flat hair, like me, you'll know the struggle and the constant lust to get thick, voluminous locks. I am always looking for hair styling products to give my hair body, volume and texture that it desperately needs.

Probably one of my favourite discoveries has been the Dove Oxygen Moisture range. This range is amazing for adding weightless body and bounce to my hair. I love the Root Lift Spray. This is  really great product. Even though it says "root spray" I spray this all over my hair, generously as well. It adds grip and texture without being sticky in the hair and it is super light and weightless. The shampoo and conditioner are great too. Again, they just add volume and make my hair feel really bouncy.

Mousse is a must for fine hair. The L'oreal Volume Lift Spray mousse is amazing because it has a little nozzle, so you can spray the mousse where ever you want it, so it is so easy to get right into the roots of the hair. It is lightweight and non-sticky and I just find it great for giving my hair extra lift and body at the roots.

As for styling products, you've got to have a texturising spray. Fine hairs best friend. I've tried a few and to be honest, they all tend to be pretty similar. You just want something that is going to give a bit of hold and lift, that also adds that messy, textured look to stop hair falling flat. Bumble and Bumble Cityswept Finish is a great one, it is light in the hair so doesn't feel sticky or heavy but does a great job at adding a bit of texture and body. Good old dry shampoo is a great one if you just want to add some body and grip to fine hair. CoLab Extreme Volume does wonders worked through the roots, it instantly thickens and lifts the hair and lasts all day. It can be slightly sticky though if you use to much but only a small amount is needed!

Do you have any recommendations for fine, flat hair? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading!


Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment