Contact

Monday, 30 May 2016

The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence REVIEW


If you are at all fussy with SPF and can't seem to find the perfect lightweight sun protection for your face, I suggest you march to your nearest Body Shop store and pick up their new Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence. Which, despite the long (and rather confusing) name, is just an SPF for the face. A bloody good one at that!
I am ridiculously picky when it comes to SPF. Everything is either too heavy, or sticky, or makes me look oily, or I can just feel it sitting on my skin. No matter how lightweight they claim to be, they are never lightweight enough for me. The Body Shop Skin Defense is a milk to water consistency and for once, I can agree with that claim. This SPF is so ridiculously lightweight. You apply it and it instantly disappears into the skin. It comes out as a light, white cream but as you blend it in, you can feel it turning into more of a watery consistency, before it disappears completely. I can't stress enough how light this is, it is amazing! Skin Defence will make a great SPF for all skin types, I can't imagine anyone who doesn't want a feather-light SPF. Oily skin, of course will love this the most, as it keeps the skin feeling light and hydrated, without the heavy texture.

The feather-weight consistency being the main thing I love about the Skin Defense, the next being it is SPF 50 and broad spectrum. Finally! I feel like it is quite difficult to find a broad spectrum SPF from more affordable brands, so I am over the moon that The Body Shop have come out with one, and done it so well too. Broad spectrum means you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. What is the difference between the two?

UVA - Long ways. Penetrate deeper into the skin. These UV rays are what cause premature aging and contributes to the development of cancerous cells. 
UVB - Short waves. Causes burning on the surface of the skin. Also is a key contributor to the development of cancerous cells. 

You can see why you want to be protected from both UVA and UVB rays. The SPF of 50 is also great, meaning you are protected out in the sun for longer, but please always remember to reapply! Even with a higher factor of SPF.



The reason Skin Defense has "multi-protection" in the name is because not only does it protect your skin from the sun and UV rays, it also plays a massive part in helping shield your skin against environmental damage. This is something I think a lot of people forget about but environmental damage is something our skin is exposed to all the time. Things like pollution and free radicals can have a massive effect on your skin, which weakens the skin and stops it functioning in a healthy way. The Skin Defense includes potent Vitamin C, a natural anti-oxidant to help protect the skin against free radials and environmental damage. It also has Red Algae, which is the key ingredient in The Body Shop's Drops of Light range, which naturally brightens the skin and gives an overall even appearance. This makes Skin Defense the perfect SPF for taking away not only on sunny Summer holidays but city breaks, too. 

Have you tried the Skin Defence SPF 50 from The Body Shop? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.

Zoe x

Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin







Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I am absolutely obsessed with SPF, particularly on my face as people don't realise how much damage the smallest amount of sun will do! I am off to Body Shop on my lunch to purchase this after your lovely review! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much! I am so glad you enjoyed my review. It is SUCH a lovely product, I am as glad as you are so find such a lightweight amazing SPF. I thought my hunt would never come to an end, haha! x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, I've been waiting so long for The Body Shop to come out with an SPF and this sounds absolutely amazing. I've been struggling to find something that offers heavy duty protection without being too heavy on the skin - this sounds perfect! *runs to The Body Shop* Great review! Ornella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am so delighted they've finally got one. Honestly, you'll love it! I am so impressed with it. Thanks for reading! X

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this, sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete