Contact

Monday, 2 May 2016

Clarins Exfoliating Toner REVIEW


I think we all have those products that we almost take for granted? The products it takes us being without to realize how good they are. I totally had this moment with none other than my Clarins Gentle Brightening Exfoliating Toner.

Now I knew this toner was good, really good. It sits at the very top of my favourite product list and takes the crown for the best exfoliating toner I have ever tried. I always have one in my collection since I originally bought it 274645 bottles ago, whether I am using it daily or trying something in between, it has always been there in my collection to go back to. Until recently, I ran out.. Completely. No back up, no samples; nothing. Being the skincare addict I am, I had other exfoliating toners to work my way through, so for the first time ever I decided not to run out and repurchase my beloved Clarins Exfoliating Toner but try and finish up the other toners I had. This is when it hit me just how bloody good this product is.

I started with Pixi Glow Tonic, which despite the massive hype and cult following, I do not like. It does practically nothing for my skin. It is the only Pixi item I have tried that I do not like. With the Clarins Exfoliating Toner, despite not being able to feel the tingling sensation on my skin I get from other toners, I can see and feel the difference it makes to my skin instantly. When I was using Pixi Glow Tonic I found I had a lot of blackheads, especially around my nose and chin. I had never really noticed how much of a difference the Clarins Exfoliating Toner had made in terms of blackheads, it was only till they came back that I noticed the Clarins toner had been keeping them at bay.

Texture on my skin. Again, around my nose was especially bad but overall, my skin just felt crap. Rougher, sallow and dull. I had bumps all along my jaw and like I said, a lot of blackheads on my nose. I am so use to having very soft, naturally quite glowy skin but since not using the Clarins Toner, I immediately noticed a decline in the overall appearance and feel of my skin. 

After I finished the Pixi Glow Tonic, I moved onto one of my other favourite toners; Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner. Now, this almost does the opposite to the Pixi Glow Tonic, this makes my skin feel very tingly. It nips and stings over spots, which I love, means it is doing it's job but again.. I just was not impressed. Where as I just do not rate the Pixi Glow Tonic, I do like the Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner but I only ever use it for when my skin is seriously playing up and I have a lot of active blemishes etc. I do not like it as an every day toner. It leaves my skin feeling.. Meh. Just flat and a bit rubbish, really. The Clarins toner always leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, and it never feels dried out at all. I found that slightly with the Mario Badescu option. It didn't really smooth my skin or leave it feeling hydrated and soft. It just felt, well... Meh! 

I also noticed my skin lost it's glow. Despite using a product called Glow Tonic.. Hmm. The Clarins toner adds the most radiant glow to the skin, as it naturally removes dead skin cells to reveal new healthy skin. I was really quite surprised just how much of a difference this one product makes to my skin. I recommend it to everyone all the time anyway but now, I had completely re-fallen in love with it.

Have you tried the Clarins Exfoliating Toner before? Do you love it as much as I do?

Thanks for reading!


Zoe x 



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment