Contact

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

REVIEW The Body Shop Oils of Life Sleeping Cream


The Oils of Life Sleeping Cream* (£28) is the newest edition to the Oils of Life range at The Body Shop. With sleeping masks/creams seeming to be a very popular trend in the skincare world, I was not surprised to see The Body Shop hopping on board with that trend.

The Oils of Life range is one of my favourite skincare ranges from The Body Shop, their Revitalizing Facial Oil and Essence Lotion standing out as holy grail products in my skincare collection, so I was excited that they have expanded the range, especially with a sleeping cream. Like all of the Oils of Life product, the Sleeping Cream is designed to restore and revitalize skin. Replenishing moisture and hydration to the skin.

The Oils of Life Sleeping Cream contains the same pure, cold pressed seed oils as the rest of the Oils of Life range; black cumin, rosehip and camellia. However, the Sleeping Cream also contains the unique seven essential oil complex that only the Revitalizing Oil contained before. You get a 80ml pot as the Sleeping Cream is designed to not only be used on the face but to be brought down the neck and over the chest as well.


The texture is lovely. It is a very light cream, which I love as most creams designed to be used at night tend to be very thick on the skin, which makes them unsuitable for some people (i.e Me. My skin freaks out at anything thick.) As it contains all the seed oils, which are nourishing and hydrating, the cream does not need a thick, heavy texture as you are still getting all that moisture but in a lighter way that the skin finds easier to absorb.


The light, gel cream texture melts into the skin effortlessly. Like all the Oils of Life products, it is so easily absorbed into the skin and it never feels heavy. I love how instantly plumped and supple it makes the skin feel. In the morning, my skin feels super smooth and soft to the touch. However, I did find I had a few breakouts down my neck and round the side of my face. Small, red spots, some with whiteheads. It seems almost like a reaction, which is strange as like I mentioned before, I get on really well with the other Oils of Life products.

Apart from that, my skin did feel good in the morning. I could feel it was very soft and plump and the cream has done a great job at putting some much needed hydration back into my skin.

Have you tried The Body Shop Sleeping Cream yet? Let me know what you think in the comments below.


Thanks for reading.


Zoe x


Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin



Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest.

2 comments:

  1. I heard from another bligger that to use this oil affectively, you need to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week otherwise it just stays on top of yourskin without si king in and might be comedogenic as a result of that. Maybe thats the reason for your spots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard from another bligger that to use this oil affectively, you need to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week otherwise it just stays on top of yourskin without si king in and might be comedogenic as a result of that. Maybe thats the reason for your spots?

    ReplyDelete