Contact

Monday, 25 April 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Review and Swatches

Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review

Like the World really need another Kylie Lip Kit review but here is mine anyway. I feel like I resisted the hype for a long time. Reading about how she apparently just slapped a $29 price tag on a white label product ticked me off, to put it nicely. But after seeing snap after snap of the lip kits on Instagram and the improved packaging (The box really did it for me) I couldn't resist when my Sister said she was going to place an order.



Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review

Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review

I went for Posie K. One thing I have found, is finding accurate swatches of the colours is difficult. Apart from Mary Jo K, which is a true red, they all look incredibly different from photo to photo, so I found it difficult trying to figure out with nudey pink would actually suit me. I felt like Posie K was a "safe bet" colour for me. From what I could tell by swatches of Posie K online, it was more of a pink than a nude. Some pictures it looked quite subtle but in other photos, it looked quite bold with a strong purple undertone (See what I mean about each photo looking so different?) either way, I thought I'd like it.

Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review

And I do. The colour is really pretty. On me, it is quite a darker pink, with a hint of purple. Quite vampy looking. I'd happily wear it during the day or on a night out.

Posie K applies really nicely. I was so surprised at the formula. It is super light on the lips, to the point where I forgot I had anything on. I expected, with it being a liquid lip stick, it would feel quite dry and almost heavy on the lips but it is the exact opposite. Now, don't get me wrong, if your lips were dry and flaky, it would show and you'd probably feel it too. I made sure to prep my lips before by using a sugar lip scrub and a light layer of lip balm, which I lightly blotted off before application.

Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review

I have found, with all the colours, they do apply much darker on the lips than in the tube. Candy K and Dolce K belong to my Sister and she finds they apply much darker, too. I was surprised when I tried on Candy K, expecting it to be a nude pink, and it came out a light brown, with a hint of pink, on me. I also find the liners don't match exactly to the liquid lipsticks, again, they come out slightly darker but once you apply the liquid lip over the top it isn't noticeable.

Kylie Lip Kit review, Kylie Lip Kit swatches, Candy K Swatch, Posie K swatch, Dolce K swatch, Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Lip Kit review
Top to Bottom: Posie K, Candy K, Dolce K
One thing I do find is the liquid lipstick really exaggerates lines on the lips. Something I found myself almost feeling quite paranoid about.  As soon as I applied the lip stick, despite it not feeling dry, I felt it looked it because it had exaggerated any tiny line I had on my lips. I did find however, it did not get more and more dry looking as the day went on, which is great. I was actually really impressed with how the product wore throughout the day. Despite looking dry, it as no point felt it. I was extremely comfortable to wear and held up perfectly throughout the day. The product wore of slightly in the center of my lip but more on the inside, it was not that noticeable at all.

Overall, I am impressed with the Kylie Lip Kits. I think the quality is great and I am so impressed with how it wears throughout the day. If you hate high maintenance lip products but still want a bold, long lasting lip colour, I'd check these out. They're so comfortable and easy to apply, that you can just throw it on and not have to worry about it.

Have you tried the Kylie Lip Kits? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.

Zoe x



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

1 comment: