Contact

Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Face Masks (and Treatments) That Actually Work


Skincare can have a lot of crazy claims as it is, but I find especially with the likes of masks and treatments. This can make it difficult to find masks that actually work on the skin and don't just have a bunch of ridiculous claims attached to their name. I have a few masks and treatments that I find really effective and reach for on a weekly basis. From treatments that help with blemishes, to moisture replenishing masks, I've put together a selection of my top masks and treatments that actually work.

The first mask, that I have talked about many times before, is the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask. This is by far my favourite clay mask. It makes such a difference to my skin and I reach for it every time I have a breakout or my skin feels congested. It is great at removing blackheads and giving an overall smoothed out, clear complexion. I have a full review on the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask, so you can hop over their for the full details.
I also love moisturising masks, usually in the form of sleeping masks. There are a couple I reach for all the time that work so well at restoring hydration and moisture into your skin. The first one is The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping mask (which, again, I've done a full review on here) which is a lovely, light, gel texture that is infused with plant cell extracts and hylauronic acid to help replenish skins moisture levels. The plant cells also turn over skin cells, keeping the skin fresh and radiant looking. The "bouncy" sleeping mask lives up to its name as it makes your skin visibly more plump and supple to the touch.
A mask that is similar and great for anyone with thirsty, dehydrated skin is the BioEssence Aqua Droplet sleeping mask. This is the ultimate thirst quenching mask. It is loaded with four different kinds of hylauronic acid to help to deeply quench skins thirst and restore moisture levels. Both these masks work amazingly for anyone who needs a lot of hydration put back into their skin.

Facial oils are also a great treatment to use at night that can help fix a multitude of problems. The first oil I find works, and works really bloody well, is the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This oil will just fix your face. That is the only way I can describe it. It helps to sooth the skin, if you've got any redness, irritation, blemishes, it takes care of it in one use. It helps to restore moisture and keep the skin balanced, without being thick or greasy feeling on the skin. I always get great results with this every time I use it.
The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil is another one that works wonders. I find this one is best for restoring moisture. It is loaded with cold pressed plant oils, that again, help with multiple different skin issue including redness, blemishes, dehydration ect. This oil is super light on the skin, yet packs a punch when it comes to hydration. If you've got oily skin (you should be using facial oils anyway) but this is kind of a "safe bet". It is super light and all the oils are plant sourced, so they will sink in very easily to the skin and balance everything out. You can hop over and read my full review of the Oils of Life Facial Oil for more details.

I love treatment pads and have a few favourites on the go that I get great results from. The first being the Pixi Glow Peel Pads. These are 20% strength glycolic acid pads. These give instantly smooth, radiant skin in one use. I use them as a treatment once or twice a week for when I really want a good exfoliation. The Pixi Glow Pads are great for removing texture on the skin as the glycolic acid nibbles away dead skin cells to reveal a smooth, radiant surface. They are very strong so if you have sensitive skin I'd recommend going for something more gentle that you can use everyday. You can read my full review of the Pixi Glow Peel pads here.
As far as treatment pads for blemishes, the F.A.B Blemish Control Pads. This pads have a combination of ingredients, such as salicylic acid and tea tree oil, that help to eliminate blemishes and keep the skin balanced. I love these pads as they are super effective, I find they help to reduce blemishes in a few days but they do not strip or irritate the skin, a problem a lot of blemish treatments can have. I've written a full review on the F.A.B Blemish Control pads that you can check out.

I think it just goes without saying that the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo was going to be in there. This product is amazing! If you suffer from congestion at all, i.e those annoying little bumps that appear under the skin and nothing seems to get rid of them, then you need Effaclar Duo. This treatment cream will break down congestion within the skin in only a few days, leaving your skin looking and feeling so smooth and clear. It is my holy grail, go to product that I always, always have in my collection. It also helps to prevent spots too, as it breaks down congestion and bacteria, so blemishes don't even get the chance to surface.

What are your favourite masks and treatments that work really well for you? Share them in the comments below!

Thank you for reading. I hope you found this post helpful.


Zoe x




Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment