Contact

Wednesday, 23 March 2016

REVIEW Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Benefit Hoola bronzer review

I really do wonder how I went this long without Benefit Hoola bronzer in my everyday makeup routine. And the funny thing is, I've had a little travel size sat unopened in my collection for a while now. I am not sure what made me pull it out one day a few weeks ago but I am so glad I did because it has shot straight up to "Holy Grail" status for me.

I have been mourning the loss of my beloved Honey Bronzer in 02 from The Body Shop for months now. I have been trying out other bronzers but none of them made the cut. They were all either too orange or too cool, oxidized throughout the day or didn't wear well. Hoola, however, is perfect.

What I love most about Hoola is the shade, obviously. For me, it sits perfectly between contour and bronzer. It is cool enough to place in the hallow of your cheeks and it is going to sculpt and define. But also warm enough that you can apply this around the face as a bronzer. The shade is quite light, which works for me as I am quite pale. I'd say if you had a darker complexion, this may not show up too well. Hoola also wears really well throughout the day and does not oxidize, this is a problem I have with a lot of bronzers.

Hoola is very pigmented, you only need to dip your brush in once to get enough colour for one side of your face. I have to admit I have gone over board a few times. I use the Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder brush to apply it. The Sheer Powder brush is a great shape and blends the product easily over the skin. It also doesn't pick up too much product, which is great as I said earlier that Hoola is very pigmented.
I talked about how much I love pairing Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm with Hoola as my highlight in my February Favourites. The two really compliment each other and look great on the skin.

Have you tried Benefit Hoola bronzer before? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for reading!


Zoe x


Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried Hoola but really want to, think you've convinced me!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete