Contact

Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Pixi Glow Peel Pads REVIEW

Pixi glow peel pads, Pixi glow peel pads review

I wrote about the Pixi Glow Peel Pads in my Pixi Skincare Review post a couple months back. I stated in that post that I was not reaching for them as much as I hated the sticky/tacky film they left on my skin. Turns out I need to reach the How To Use directions as I was using them completely wrong. Since discovering that you actually need to wash the sticky/tacky layer off your skin after 2-3 minutes, I now love the Pixi Glow Pads. Imagine that, right?

So, why do I like these so much? Firstly, they are super strong - and you can feel it. The Pixi Glow Pads contain 20% glycolic acid and oh boy, I can tell. As soon as I swiped the pad over my skin, I immediately felt the intense tingling/stinging sensation, to the point where I stopped for a moment in a kind of "Whoa!" moment. I like being able to feel the acid working away on my skin, it makes me think "Yeah, this is working!" So they get major brownie points for that. With that being said, this might be a drawback for some people as it makes them not so suitable for any sensitive faces out there or ones to use as your first ever acid treatment, you may find them too intense.

The second reason I love them is they bloody work! I have tried a lot of acid exfoliating masks/treatments and have seen no results from them, I have always been so disappointed. They didn't leave my skin feeling any different or looking any brighter, so what was the point? Until the Pixi Glow Pads, I found the only effective acid treatments were toners that I could use everyday to add a natural glow and light exfoliation.

I see an immediate difference in my skin after using the Pixi Glow Pads. My skin instantly feels smoother and more refined. My pores appear smaller and overall, my skin just looks far more even (and very pink straight after use, but what can you expect!) I also find these help to keep my skin clearer, too. Since using these, I've found they help to get rid of any active blemishes far quicker and they get rid of the marks left behind too! I find my makeup sits really nicely after I have used the Pixi Glow Pads, so I love using one before a night out to get a really smooth, even base.

And the third reason is they are so quick and easy to use. There is no faffing around with applying a mask and having to stand like a lemon or find something to do for 10-20 minutes. The Pixi Glow Pads only need to be left on the skin for 2-3 minutes. 2-3 minutes, that is it! Which makes them so much easier to use as you don't need to set time aside to use them.

The instructions on the back say you can use the Glow Pads twice daily - I, personally, think that is slightly excessive and would suggest using these as more of a treatment product about 2-3 times a week. That is how often I use them and I see great results.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an older post, but thanks for reviewing these? I'll be trying them out soon, for sure.

    Xx Chantel
    www.TheActiveSpirit.com

    ReplyDelete