Contact

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Sleeping Mask Recommendations and reviews (ft Vichy, The Body Shop and BioEssence)

Sleeping masks, The Body Shop bouncy sleeping mask, Vichy Skin Sleep, BioEssece Aqua Droplet sleeping mask, UK blogger, Scottish blogger, skincare blogger

Sleeping masks took the beauty world by storm last year, with what felt like every brand adding one to their skincare lines. I immediately was hooked on sleeping masks as I felt like they were exactly what my oily but dehydrated (that hates anything thick on it) skin needed. Sleeping masks are usually in a very light formula, that of a gel type consistency, that provide an intense amount of hydration continuously whilst you sleep. Heaven in a tub, right?

How To Use A Sleeping Mask/Top Tips:

1. Apply a small amount. You might be tempted to generously layer a mask on your skin but in this case, a smaller amount tends to work best. You can always add another layer once the first one has sunk in though.

2. You can layer other product underneath; your usual night cream etc. It is all about layering moisture (Just make sure it's nothing too heavy.)

3. It is meant to leave a layer/film on your skin, is is a mask after all. So don't be put off if you expect it to sink in like that of a night cream, it won't.

Like most products, I have managed to collect a few different sleeping masks over the last year or so and wanted to go over my favourites. Starting with the first sleeping mask I had tried; The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping Mask (£24) I'll start by saying his mask has the most unique consistency, you have to go into store and try it for yourself, it's so fun! Now that is out of the way.. The Bouncy Sleeping Mask has a very light gel texture that melts onto the skin when you apply it. I'd say it takes about 10-15 to fully absorb into the skin but you are left with a very fine layer on the surface (it is a mask after all) Bouncy Sleeping Mask is infused with The Body Shops stem cell technology to help to renew and restore the skin, making it appear more youthful and firm. My skin always feels great the morning after. It is way more supple and you can feel that the mask has really helped to restore the hydration your skin was lacking. My skin always looks smoother, too. And I find redness is reduced and my skin does not flush so easily either. A great one for all skin types!

Sleeping masks, The Body Shop bouncy sleeping mask, Vichy Skin Sleep, BioEssece Aqua Droplet sleeping mask, UK blogger, Scottish blogger, skincare blogger

The Vichy Skin Sleep (£26) is a sleeping mask I think people with a slightly drier skin type would prefer. It is still lovely and light on the skin and sinks in very easily like sleeping masks are designed to do but the texture and consistency is far thicker and more like that of a cream (Vichy describe it as a gel-balm) Even though I by no means have dry skin, this works so well for me too. It isn't too thick to where it causes breakouts, so do not be put off if you've oily skin as it will still work for you! Vichy Skin Sleep is great for nourishing the surface of the skin, helping with any visible dryness, as well as restoring hydration deeper into the skin. It is also great for reducing the signs of fatigue making your skin appear radiant, smooth and rested. I can agree with that, I love how Skin Sleep makes my skin look and feel. And it just feels so lovely to actually apply. It also smells great too, which is a bonus.

Sleeping masks, The Body Shop bouncy sleeping mask, Vichy Skin Sleep, BioEssece Aqua Droplet sleeping mask, UK blogger, Scottish blogger, skincare bloggerIf you have dehydrated skin, listen up! This sleeping mask is for you. The BioEssence Aqua Droplet sleeping mask (£29) is heaven for tight, dehydrated feeling skin. With three types of hyaluronic acid it instantly quenches skins thirst by forming water droplets on the surface of the skin, that burst and provide further hydration. The Aqua Boost mask almost feels like water as you apply it to the skin, it is by far the lightest out of the masks I've mentioned. This sleeping mask is purely for hydration. Whilst that is what sleeping masks tend to mainly be for, I feel like they all have other benefits added in there, which is great. The Aqua Boost is just pure hydration and I love it. I layer this on throughout the evening. As soon as my skin has drunk up one layer (which trust me, does not take long!), I apply another. Your skin drinks this up and you can feel it instantly hydrating and plumping up the skin.

Have you tried any of these sleeping masks before? Or do you have any ones you recommend I try next? I'd love if you left a comment below letting me know!

Thank you for reading.


Zoe x



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment