Contact

Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Brows for Blondes (ft Anastasia Beverly Hills)


When your blonde, finding brow products that suit your hair colour can be quite difficult. My hair is quite a dark, ashy blonde; so I need my brows products to match that ashy tone as closely as possible. Without meaning to, all my brow products are from Anastasia Beverly Hills and honestly, I couldn't be happier with them. Not only are all the products great quality, the colour selection is great. I use the shape "taupe" in all my products from Anastasia Beverly Hills and it matches perfectly. It has that grey-ish, ashy tone to it that blends into the natural colour of my brows nicely (There is also "blonde" available, which is described as being for "platinum blondes".)



The first product I use is the Brow Powder Duo in the shade Taupe. This is, as the name explained, a powder with two shades; one lighter, one darker. I just dip my brush (which is also from Anastasia, but I will get onto that in a second) between the two colours, I am never too particular about it. The colour is great. It matches perfectly to my hair colour and never looks too warm through the brows. It is the perfect ashy tone for us blondies out there. It also lasts for ages. I've had my Brow Powder Duo for over a year and only just started hitting pan, and that's with using it every day.

As much as I love the Brow Powder Duo, I think it is the brush I use that does all the work. The Anastasia Beverly Hills #7 Brush is ah-mazing. I always struggled with getting a good, defined shape to my brows and when using a brow pencil, always found my brows looking slightly... Tadpole-ish. You know what I mean. But with this brush, it makes it so easy to get a defined, sharp (but still natural) looking brow, no tadpoles here! I love that is has a spoolie on the other end as brushing through your brows constantly as you do them is so important to get a natural, even look.


Now, the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade.. Oh. I don't think I have ever felt more intimidated by a product. The only reason I bought it was because I had a £15 gift card for Cult Beauty that had come in a goodie bag, so I decided, since that would make it free, I'd give it a go. I had always been interested in the Dip Brow and had watched countless tutorials on YouTube on how to use it but it still scared the hell out of me.


Now, again, I think the brush you use with this is what makes you, or breaks you. Dip Brow Pomade is highly pigmented and you only need the tiniest amount. I use the Zoeva 317 brush, which is described as being a "winged liner" brush. This brush has slightly longer, more flimsy hair and it also super thin, which works perfectly for this kind of product! It allows you to lightly brush the product through the brows, creating light, hair like strokes. As much as I love my Anastasia #7 brush, it is simply too short and stiff to use with a product like Dip Brow, it would apply the product too heavily. The Zoeva 317 is perfect!

I use the Dip Brow Pomade as more of a setting product for my brows. It is great as a few light strokes through the brows add definition and dimension. It makes for a stronger, more defined brow without being too thick or chunky (well, if you use it right!) It looks great for going on a night out or when you want a more dramatic look as it does make the brows stand out a bit more. With the Zoeva 317, it helps to add what look like individual hair stokes through the brows. Again, I use the Dip Brow in the shade "taupe" which matches perfectly with my natural brow colour, as well as the Brow Powder Duo.

Thanks for reading!


Zoe x




Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment