Contact

Monday, 25 January 2016

Top 5 Skincare Recommendations From The Body Shop

The Body Shop skincare, the body shop oils of life review, the body shop drops of youth

I feel like over the last year, The Body Shop have really stepped up their game in the skincare department. As an employee (and skincare "expert") in store, I know a lot about all our skincare ranges and am always talking to customers about the products and hearing what they have to say about them, too. Since The Body Shop have been releasing so many new and brilliant skincare items, I thought I would put together a list of my top 5 products that I not only completely love myself but also, recommend to customers regularly that shop with us.


5. The Body Shop Silky Camomile Cleansing Oil // £11
I recommend this cleansing oil to anyone that comes in looking for a decent makeup remover or cleanser. It is suitable for all skin types, not matter if your dry, oily or somewhere in between. It is very light on the skin and never leaves any residue when you wash it off. It removes makeup brilliantly, one pump removes all face makeup effortlessly and it is great for removing stubborn eye makeup too (and it is super gentle, so it won't irritate the delicate eye area.)  I, personally, have been through 4 bottles and always end up coming back to this, no matter what other cleansing oils I have used, this still remains my Number 1. (Not photographed as I need to repurchase!)

4. The Body Shop Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate // £19*
This is like a serum, specifically designed to work for the delicate eye area. Formulated in the Drops of Youth range, the Eye Concentrate uses precious plant cell extracts to help turn over skin cells, keeping the eye area looking smooth and line free. What I love it for the most though, is it helps restore hydration and keeps the whole eye area looking up-lifted and tight. I then just whack any eye cream on ontop (my Kiehls Avacado Eye Cream works great with this) and I'm done. The Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate it also great for de-puffing the cooling metal ball applicator instantly soothes and smooths around the eye area.

3. The Body Shop Oils of Life Essence Lotion // £15
This guy made it straight into my 2015 Skincare Favourites as I fell in love with it as soon as I used it for the first time. The Oils of Life Essence Lotion is amazing at restoring and re-hydrating the skin. As someone who has oily but also dehydrated skin, I love this incredibly light but massively hydrating essence. An essence lotion adds a micro-fine layer of hydration to the skin and it great for layering with other products. I found this helped to instantly plump and hydrate my skin, to the point where I didn't feel the need to layer moisturiser on top (I did though, duhh) Despite being a bi-phase formula (part oil) it never feels heavy or leaves a layer over the skin. It just sinks in immediately and leaves your skin feeling amazing. I also find the products I layer on top, sink in and lay better on the skin. It is great, I highly recommend this one. Again, for all skin types.

2. The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping Mask // £24
I feel like this is where it all started. This, is the product that started off The Body Shop's amazing skincare run. The Bouncy Sleeping Mask has been out for about a year now and I still recommend it to everyone and use it most nights myself. This is a lovely light gel that sinks into the skin and helps to restore the skin whilst you sleep. It is loaded with hylaronic acid and plant cell extracts to make the skin plump (bouncy), hydrated and over all, more radiant and youthful looking. This is great for all skin types but is especially great for those with dehydrated skin. It feels so light and the majority of it sinks into the skin, leaving just a very light layer. This is great, as by the time you go to bed, you've only got a small amount of product on the skin, which makes it very comfortable to sleep in. I love how plump and supple my skin feels the morning after I use this, not to mention it looks fresh and even in appearance.

1. The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil // £28*
This is by far my favourite facial oil- not just from The Body Shop but in general. For a start, the quality is outstanding. The ingredients are plant oil, after oil, after oil. The Body Shop cold pressed all of the oils sourced, which means non of the nutrients were destroyed and the purest oil was extracted. It has a variety of benefits to the skin, making it suitable for a lot of people, no matter what your skin concern. It helps to restore and replenish moisture, it contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory which help with redness, irritation and blemishes and also turns over skin cells, keeping the skin fresh and radiant, which is also an "anti-aging" effect. It is incredibly light on the skin, the lightest facial oil I have tried, yet the most hydrating. My skin instantly feels softer, more hydrated and supple, with only a few drops. It has never caused breakouts on me, if anything it helps to reduce them due to the black cumin seed oil (antioxidant/anti-inflammatory)  No matter what your skin type, age or skin concern is, this oil will work for you.

What are your favourite skincare products from The Body Shop? Let me know in the comments below.


Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.


Zoe x



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin





Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment