Contact

Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Pixi Skincare Review

Pixi skincare, Pixi skincare review

The Pixi skincare range caused quite a buzz when it was introduced in 2015. I was kindly gifted some of the products for Christmas and thought I would share my thoughts and opinions on what I have. I have 4 items of Pixi Skincare that I will be reviewing in this post.

Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist // £18
This is a lovely facial mist that you can use under makeup, as a hydrating base, throughout the day to refresh and re-hydrate the skin or in conjunction with other skincare products to help layer hydration. Now, there is not much I can say about a hydrating mist other than if it is in fact hydrating or not. But I really like this. It is so hydrating. It instantly makes the skin feel hydrated and supple. I love using this throughout the day, especially on "no makeup days" to give my skin a quick boost of moisture. It is long lasting too, with some "hydrating" mists I find you spray them on and in 10 minutes you feel like your skin needs more. This keeps your skin feeling comfortable and hydrated for hours. I really like it! It is probably my favourite item from the range.

Glow Mud Cleanser // £18
I like this cleanser a lot. It works so well when my skin feels oily and congested. I love how it comes out as an actual clay, rather than just being "clay based". It feels as if you are applying a clay mask, (that is how thick and "clay like" it is) which is weird at first but it is easy to move around the skin. I let it sit for a couple minutes, I usually brush my teeth, before removing it. It takes away excess oil but leaves the skin feeling balanced and smooth, rather than dried out. I noticed it leaves my skin looking really even too and helped reduce the blackheads on my nose. I highly recommend this for any oily skinned people out there! I also noticed it helped to reduce and fade blemishes massively, within a few days they were gone and it was definitely down to this helping them on their way.

Glow Mud Mask // £18
The Glow Mud Mask is good. It's nice and does the job but that is all I can really say about it. I have pretty high standards when it comes to mud masks and this did not blow me away. As it is a mud mask it is designed for drawing out impurities and deep cleansing the skin but it is also meant to refine the surface of the skin, adding a glow. I found my skin felt soft and smooth after and over all, slightly more even but apart from that, everything was pretty much the same.

Glow Peel Pads // £24
Holy cow. These are strong! By far the strongest acid/chemical exfoliant I have tried. As soon as I placed the pad onto my skin, I felt instant stinging/tingling, to the point where I actually stopped and was like "Whoa... This is intense!" but the glow it left to my skin, again a bit of a "whoa" moment. Definitely not a product to use every night, as your face might actually fall off but great to use maybe once a week or to save for when your skin is having a real mare. It completely smoothed over my skin, too. It was so even and smooth, even just to look at! The only thing I really do not like about these is how they leave my skin feeling. They must have an oil or something in them, as after my skin is left feeling sticky and tacky, which I do not like. It's the only thing that puts me off about these but I shall continue to use them (at night) as they do give great results.

Have you tried anything from the Pixi skincare range? Let me know what you thought in the comments below and if there is anything else in the range you'd recommend. I really want to try their rose facial oil next.

Thanks for reading!


Zoe x


Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. We can't get Pixi in Australia, but I'm back the UK next week so I can't wait to try their range!

    http://www.sophiefossil.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, you'll love it. I'd recommend the cleanser and the mist the most! :)

      Delete
  2. Very inspirational to hear about someone pursuing their dream and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path.
    Microdermabrasion treatment

    ReplyDelete