Contact

Thursday, 10 December 2015

REVIEW: Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme


Exfoliating pads are kind of my thing since discovering them earlier in the year.. Well, chemical exfoliants in general are "my thing" but when they're conveniently wrapped up in a little pre-soaked pads it makes it even better. My latest discovery have been the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads (£14.95)

As the name would suggest you use these at night time and they are a slightly stronger formula than their original Glycolic Fix Pads (which I have tried and did not love. They were okay but I did not see a massive difference in my skin.) They contain 5% glycolic acid, whereas the original contains 2.8%. Another thing I like about these is they contain both AHAs and BHAs. So it is great for exfoliating purposes but also helps to treat blemishes and congestion, too as it contains glycolic, salicylic and lactic acids.


So, this is my second tub of these guys. The reason I like them so much is because I can feel them working. If I have a spot, that is active, it stings when I go over it with the pad, which yes is a good thing. That is the glycolic acid killing off any bacteria on the skin. I hate when I use a chemical exfoliant and I can't feel it doing anything. AHA based exfoliants can make the skin tingle slightly, which is the acid nibbling away all the dead skin cells. When I feel nothing, I sometimes think it isn't working as well as it could.

Do not let the word "extreme" scare you either. These have been designed to use on skin. They won't make your face fall off! Maybe if you've got a sensitive skin type, these may be a little too strong for you. But I feel like I have used stronger. The Mario Badescu glycolic toner for example. Every time I use that, my whole face tingles. With these pads, it only stings/nips over active blemishes. yet I see and feel the results the next morning. My skin is also so smooth and soft the next day. I also feel they help to give a really clean, prepped base for any treatments I then want to go in with (Usually always Effaclar Duo from La Roche Posay) as it allows them to penetrate and work better.

Have you tried the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night pads? Let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x


Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Love these! Had to settle for the 'normal' version last time when they were all I could find in stock, but hopefully I'll be back to these next time.

    ReplyDelete