Contact

Monday, 28 December 2015

Worth The Hype? Clarins Instant Light Lip Oil REVIEW


The limited edition Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil (£18) caused such a fuss earlier in the year that the brand took the product on as a permanent product in the range. Must be good, right? They had taken my fancy slightly, purely just because of all the hype they were receiving and the rave reviews I had read/watched from fellow bloggers. The raspberry oil being favourite out of the two flavours (honey is also available) sold out almost immediately and was impossible to get hold of. I, luckily, got chatting to the Clarins counter manager in my local department store and she told me she was getting a delivery in in a few hours and would keep a raspberry lip oil aside for me. Score.



Let's start of with the more superficial aspects, shall we? It looks so pretty! It has the most beautiful raspberry, pink tint that makes me swoon slightly when I look at it. It also smells and tastes as good as it looks. It tastes very sweet, which I love. If you don't like sweet tasting/smelling lip products, maybe go for the Honey flavour instead)

The applicator, I hate. Is it just me or does it just look ugly? I think it is unnecessary how big it is for a start, it almost makes it slightly difficult to apply (not that applying a practically clear lip oil can be difficult but if you've got small lips and want a more precise application, then the size of it does not help.) I don't get why it couldn't just be your average doe-foot applicator.

As far as the actual product goes.. I can't say I get it. To me, it's just a very average lip oil. Sure, it tastes like sweeties but apart from that, it is pretty basic. So, the Clarins Instant Light Lip Oil claims to be "deeply nourishing" with a "non-greasy feel". Hmm.. Disagree with both of those statements. It is nourishing, yeah, but in the way where it feels as if there is more of a coating over the lips, rather than something that is actually nourishing them and making a difference. And as far as the non greasy claim, I find it slightly sticky, maybe not "greasy" but definitely sticky and overall just.. Weird on the lips. I find myself smacking my lips together and moving them around a lot when I've got the product on because it feels a bit tacky and uncomfortable.

So, yeah. Overall, I am actually quite disappointed by this. After all the hype, I thought this was going to be the most amazing lip oil I'd ever come across. I'd save your month and buy an E.O.S lip balm if I were you.

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Lip oil before? Let me know what you thought in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x




Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment