Contact

Friday, 13 November 2015

Skin Saviours for Oily/Blemish Prone Skin From La Roche Posay

La Roche Posay review, La Roche Posay Serozinc, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Having oily/blemish prone skin can be difficult, especially when a lot of the time, the products marketed towards that skin type can end up making things much worse. That is something about the skincare industry that really winds me up. Not all brands do it (f course) but you'll find more often than not every foaming, stripping, sulphate based product is marketed "for oily skin". A brand I love and trust for oily/blemish prone skin is La Roche-Posay. I think they're one of the best, most trustworthy brands out there for oily skin.

As someone who has an oily skin type, I rely on these 2 products I am going to talk about a lot. I recommend them to pretty much anyone who mentions they suffer from spots, congestion, excess oil ect. You'll have heard of them before I am sure. Not only are they some of La Roche Posays well known products, they caused quite a buzz in the beauty blogger world, too.

La Roche Posay review, La Roche Posay Serozinc, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

The first is Serozinc; The product that caused such a buzz that consumers demanded La Roche Posay brought over to the UK immediately. And thankfully, they did!
Serozinc, for such a simple product, is amazing. It contains only three ingredients; La Roche Posay's thermal spring water, zinc sulphate and sodium chloride. Serozinc can be used as a "traditional" toner, I love using it after an acid tone as I feel after using the two together, you've got a clean, fresh and prepared based for anything you then want to layer on top (serum, moisturiser). Now anyone can use Serozinc, no matter your skin type but the reason Serozinc works so well for a more oily/acne prone skin type is because of the ingredients. Zinc sulphate is a very healing on the skin, so if you have any active, open (such a gross description but you know what I mean!) blemishes, the zinc is going to help to heal them and get them to disappear faster. The sodium chloride is great for killing off bacteria. As you can imagine, where there are active blemishes, there is bacteria. The sodium chloride helps to kill any bacteria from the surface off the skin, whilst also reducing excess oil (which also carries bacteria) So you can imagine with the combination of the two ingredients, the amazing effect it will have on the skin, also the thermal water helps to sooth and calm any redness or irritation on the skin. You can also spray Serozinc throughout the day too. I like to use it when I feel my skin is slightly too oily.

La Roche Posay review, La Roche Posay Serozinc, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

The next product really is my number 1 holy grail product. I've talked about it countless times on my blog already but never dedicated a whole post to it and as I am gaining new readers all the time, I want everyone to know about this product.
This is La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] or as I like to call it, "the product that saves my face." This, without a doubt, is one of the best skincare products that I have ever used. If you suffer with any form of congestion, blemishes, excess oil, uneven pigmentation, uneven texture on the skin then you need to try this. It is a treatment product designed to basically fix all of the things I just listed above. The main difference I see when I use this is in the texture of my skin. Effaclar Duo is amazing for completely wiping out any congestion within the skin (so if you run your fingers lightly over your face, your cheeks are a good place to test this, and you can feel little bumps, that is congestion). I don't have bad skin, by any means, I am very lucky. I do, however, have blackheads on my nose and chin and those pesky under the skin spots that usually appear on my cheeks, Effaclar Duo helps to get rid of all of that. It uses an ingredient called salicylic acid that penetrates into the pores and breaks down congestion from within, which means it is also amazing for preventing breakouts and blemishes. It is amazing. The "+" is for evening out pigmentation and any marks that are left behind after blemishes. I will always have this product in my collection and not only that, I will always have a back up too. It is amazing!

Those are my skin savoiours from La Roche-Posay. I hope you check them out if you haven't already. If you have tried them, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading and I hope you found it helpful.


Zoe x



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin



3 comments:

  1. Bài viết hay, đầy đủ chi tiết cho người đọc, cảm ơn bạn đã tạo blog và shre những kiến thức quý báo về cách làm đẹp dành cho mọi người. Chúc bạn và blog bạn phát triển nữa.
    ◕ kiểu tóc đẹp
    ◕ mỹ phẩm dưỡng da
    ◕ cách làm vòng tay
    ◕ màu tóc đẹp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this post really helpful! I love effaclar duo but have never tried serozinc... Searched for reviews and this post came up! Great post :)

    hannahnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I am so glad you enjoyed my post :)

      Delete