Contact

Friday, 27 November 2015

Clinique Lip Pop Lipsticks Review


I have had my eyes on the Clinique Lip Pop  (£16) lipsticks since they released earlier in the year. I love a good, bright lipstick. but I already have so many that for once, managed to resist and not make an impulsive buy. So you can imagine my delight when I went to pick up the December issue of Glamour (simply because the gorgeous Tanya Burr was on the cover) and discovered the free gift was a choice of Clinique minis that included 2 shades of the Lip Pops. I went home with both shades; Nude Pop and Cherry Pop.



I'll start with Cherry Pop as I have the most to say about it. As you can see, this shade is a bright, bold red with a strong pink undertone. It is stunning on the lips. A great colour for the upcoming Holiday season, too. I love how it is bright, yet still one of those "wearable" reds. I think the pink helps to mute it down slightly. I think it is really flattering.


The formulation of these lipsticks is pretty amazing. They are super long lasting for a start, which I did not expect when I applied it at first, as they've got a very creamy, moisturising feel to them. I wore Cherry Pop out all day and actually forgot I was wearing what would usually be classed as a "high maintenance" colour, this formulation means it is quite the opposite. I had to touch up once, just in the very centre of my lips but that was it. It did not feather or bleed, which is usually what happens when you mix a highly pigmented shade with a creamy formula. But most importantly, it felt so comfortable all day long, almost as if I was wearing a lip balm, it has that same buttery texture. So, you get the best of both worlds here; a long lasting colour that is comfortable and low maintenance to wear. What more could you ask for?


Nude Pop, whilst being a stunning nudey-pink that matches my lip colour almost perfectly, I found was no where near as long lasting. In fact, within an hour it was pretty much gone. However, because it is what I'd class as a "my lips but better" shade and has that low maintenance formula I don't mind as it is super easy to reapply throughout the day. It is a nice, easy one to keep in your handbag for on the go.

I am now super interested in picking up some other colours, most likely from the more bold and bright end of the scale. Do you have any shades you'd recommend for me? Let me know in the comments.

Thank you for reading!


Zoe x



Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

2 comments: