Contact

Monday, 28 September 2015

September Favourites 2015


September favourites time! I have a good mix of things this month from makeup to skincare to even  non-beauty favourite that I've added at the end. 



My first favourite is MAC Patisserie lipstick. This has been my go-to, easy to throw on lippy this month. This is what I class as a "nude". It is a sheer, brown based pink, with subtle shimmer running through it. The formulation is so comfortable and moisturising on the lips, which means it doesn't last the longest amount of time but that's okay because it is so easy to reapply.


The original Urban Decay Naked Palette has been a staple for me this month and probably will be for the rest of my life (only sightly dramatic) I am so obsessed with this! How did it take me so long to pick this up? It's funny because my friend Sophie and I were talking about how everyone still makes such a big deal out of this palette and it's such "old news" now and here I am, raving about it. This has everything I could ever want in a palette. I've written a whole post on my thoughts about it, that you can read in full here but just know, I love this. It has the perfect mix of shades and I love that it is a more warm toned palette.


Kiehls Avocado eye cream saved my eyes from the return of dehydration this month. Since taking a bad reaction last year, under my eyes can flare up in a red, itchy rash (niiice) that gets so dehydrated and sore. Anything I put on it stings and makeup looks awful on top of it. The only thing I could put on it without it stinging at all was the Kiehls Avocado eye cream and not only that, it completely cleared it up too! A little miracle product. The thick, buttery consistency helped to combat the dryness and the soothing formula helped to calm the irritation. This has gone from being my evening eye cream to my "all day, everyday" eye cream. I love it.


I've already written a full post on the Oils of Life Essence Lotion from The Body Shop, which if you read that post I am sure you knew it would be appearing in this months favourites. This is a fantastic product for if you've got dehydrated skin and need a boost of hydration is a super light form. It's a bi-phase liquid you apply before serum and moisturiser for an extra fine layer of moisture. It sinks in immediately and plumps the skin up full of hydration, it is amazing. It is feather light on the skin, making it perfect for all skin types, especially oily skin.


My last beauty favourite is this Revolution Blush Palette in "Hot Spice". I think this is a great palette for the upcoming Autumn months as it has some great mauvey/pink shades. They're really pigmented and easy to blend. I don't have a favourite shade, I just choose one and go with it and it always looks really pretty on the cheeks.




My non-beauty favourite for this month is the lovely George Ezra. What a talented young man! I am obsessed with this music. I've got Wanted on Voyage on repeat constantly and if for whatever reason I don't have it playing, I'll be singing or humming one of his songs. My favourites are Listen To The Man, Leaving It Up To You, Get Lonely With Me and Drawing Board. There is not one song I skip on the album, they're all fantastic and I love how each one almost tells a little story (my favourite being Leaving It Up To You) Not to mention George is so adorable and seems like the most charming, down to earth guy.

What are your favourites for the month of September? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!


Zoe x

Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the Naked palette too, and I really wanna try MAC Patisserie as it looks like a gorgeous shade xxx

    Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

    ReplyDelete