Contact

Friday, 28 August 2015

Top Cream Eyeshadows

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

Cream eyeshadows were never really something I reached for until this year. And now, they're one of my most used products in my collection. I love how quick and easy a cream shadow can be to apply but also the effect they give. They tend to be high impact but low effort. My kind of product!


cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

My number one favourite cream eyeshadow has to be the KIKO Long Lasting Eyeshadow Sticks. These are unbeatable. They are highly pigmented, easy to blend, long lasting and affordable. They are also in a large selection of colours and are said to be dupes of far more expensive brands such as Laura Mercier and By Terry.

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger, kiko eyeshadow stick 06 swatch, kiko eyeshadow stick 05 swatch

The KIKO Long Lasting Eyeshadow sticks have a really creamy, blendable formula that I like to apply straight from the stick and blend out with a brush (MAC 217 or along those lines) I am sure you could also blend with your fingers too but I prefer a brush. Once they set, they stay in place all day long. They do not fade or smudge at all either.

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

Next up is the Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadows. I only have one of these in the colour Bronze. The reason I only have one is because the colour selection is very limited and well.. Crap. You've got a weird green, a lilac purple and a silver. Hmm.. Bronze, and possible Copper, are the only shades I would go for. But despite the rubbish colour selection, the product is great. The formulation is almost a whipped mousse texture. It is super light and fluffy, which makes it super easy to blend.

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

What I love about this cream shadow, is it is really buildable. You can apply a sheer wash of colour or apply a few layers to really intensify the look. I apply this with a brush, the Zoeva 227, I find you get a smoother application and better colour pay off this way. The swatch above is one swipe applied with my finger. You can see how intense and pretty the colour pay off is. 

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

Last but not least is a cream eyeshadow that sits at a higher price range than the previous two but I personally think they are worth it. The Estee Lauder Pure Colour Shadow Paints are fantastic. I have two shades; Pink Zinc and Cosmic. Pink Zinc is a gorgeous shimmery, champagne/rose gold colour. Cosmic is a unique brown with strong reddish undertones and a gold shimmer, a colour I have nothing else even close to in my collection.

cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger, Estee Lauder shadow paints

The texture of these is far more firm, like that of a MAC paint pot. They work best with fingers, as the warmth helps to melt the product more, making it easier to apply. I find these so easy to just throw on when I don't have a lot of time but still want something pretty on the eyes. 


cream eyeshadows, top cream eyeshadows, best cream eyeshadows, kiko long lasting eyeshadow sticks, kiko eyeshadow sticks, max factor excess shimmer bronze, Scottish blogger, UK blogger

Pink Zinc is a go-to for me, it never lets me down. I can apply it in seconds with my finger on it's own with no other shadow and it looks stunning. They are beautifully pigmented and wear fantastically throughout the day, the colour stays in place and there is never a crease in sight.

What are your favourite cream shadows? Leave any recommendations in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x



No comments:

Post a Comment