Contact

Monday, 3 August 2015

Skincare Empties Worth Repurchasing #3

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

I always feel so satisfied when I can sit down and write another one of these posts. It means I am actually getting through stuff! Finally. So, yes. I am back with my third instalment of "skincare empties worth repurchasing".
I shall start with the Facial Radiance Pads from First Aid Beauty (£12 for 28). I got these in my Feel Unique Radiant Skin Beauty Box and I am so glad I finally got to try them. I'd seen them floating around everywhere in the blogging world since Carline Hirons (of course) mentioned them in her blog.

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

These are pre-soaked chemical exfoliating pads. This little pot contained 28 pads but I have since purchased the pot of 60 because even though I love and adore my Clarins exfoliating toner, I found I missed these after they finished. They are super gentle on the skin so I used them every morning after cleansing and followed by a spray of Serozinc and they worked wonderfully. They're more on the affordable side of chemical exfoliators (£12 for 28, £22 for 60) and all F.A.B products are designed with sensitive skin in mind, so these are a great one to try out as a "first time" acid exfoliator or if you do have sensitive skin and can't use anything stronger. I'm glad to have them back in my routine! 

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

I also finished up the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil (£22), which I have decided I prefer over the balm. By far. It is lighter, easier to remove but does equally as good of a job at eliminating every trace of makeup from your face. There isn't much to say about this other than if you want a really good makeup remover that is quick, fuss free and easy, then this is your guy! It is also great for more sensitive skin or if you have acne/breakouts as it is very... Plain. In the nicest way possible! It isn't loaded with essential oils and other ingredients that can irritate or cause any issues, it is just very fuss free and simple. 

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is the serum to go for if you want an instant radiant, glowy complexion. I loved how this makes my skin look and feel. The Truth Serum is loaded with potent vitamin c, which gives instant radiance to the skin. It is super light on the skin so sinks in immediately and delivers hydration for plump, supple feeling skin. This serum is very potent so I only ever needed 2 pump to do my whole face, which meant this tiny size lasted a long time. Along with vitamin C and E this serum is also loaded with lots of other lovely ingredients such as rosehip, green tea, orange and grapefruit extract and hyaluronic acid. 

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

The product I was close to tears about finishing was the GlamGlow Super Mud mask. This is a fantastic detoxing mask, that gets rid of every single black head, soothes all blemishes, takes down redness and overall, leaves your skin looking amazing (Basically the "I want to draw all the crap out of my face" mask). It is expensive, really expensive and I've said before not to spend a lot of money on a clay mask and it's true, you shouldn't. But I just love the results I see with this so I just had to get a full size tub of it. I cringed when buying it but I am so glad to have it back in my collection. The Caudalie Instant Detox Mask is a fantastic alternative and I reach for that one on a weekly basis and save this one for serious break out emergencies.

Skincare empties, skincare worth repurchasing, skincare for oily skin, clinique take the day off oil, Ole henriksen truth serum, F.A.B radiance pads, Glam glow mask, Glam glow super mud, Clarins eye makeup remover, beauty blogger, Scottish beauty blogger

My last empty is this little Clarins Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover. I liked this and I would buy it again, however, I did find it worked just as well as the No.7 Eye makeup remover which only costs £8.50 (and I always buy it when I've got a No.7 voucher so I get it for £3.50) so it does seem pointless to pay way more. It is a great product though. It is really gentle on the eyes and removes makeup well despite being so gentle. 

So that is it for this round of empties! Have you tried any of these products before? If so, what did you think of them? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading.



Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment