Contact

Friday, 21 August 2015

When Your Favourite Product Gets Discontinued | The Body Shop Honey Bronzer 02

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, The Body Shop Honey bronzer 02, natural bronzer, bronzer for pale skin, the body shop

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, The Body Shop Honey bronzer 02, natural bronzer, bronzer for pale skin, the body shop

This is the first time I've had to go through the struggle of having one of my holy grail makeup items being discontinued.
As many of you will know, I work for The Body Shop, so was one of the first to see our updated discontinuation list for the year. And my little heart broke into a million tiny pieces when I saw Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in shade 02 on the list (It is just the shade 02 that is being discontinued as far as I am aware) After an extremely over dramatic response by me, involving shock, screaming, shouting and mild hyperventilation, I ran out to the shop floor and grabbed the last remaining 3 Honey Bronzers in shade 02 on the shelf and purchased them.

If you read blogs, or watch the likes of the lovely Estee from EssieButton, you'll have heard of this bronzer before and more than likely in this shade. It is the perfect, and I mean perfect natural, matte bronzer I have ever used.

It is so easy to use. The shade 02 in particular is (was) a light, neutral toned powder that is (WAS) perfect for sweeping all over the skin, anywhere you wanted a natural warmth. It is impossible to go wrong with because it is just so light in pigment and natural in colour.

The Honey Bronzer also wears fantastically throughout the day. It is incredibly long lasting and never oxidized as the day went on, which is a problem I am finding with a lot of bronzers.

The shade 02 was especially popular. It was the colour that suited most skin tones out of the selection of 4 shades (now expanded to 6.. minus shade 02) Being a popular choice amongst bloggers also gave it a lot of attention and sales and even without being matched up by a consultant, customers would come in and automatically pick up shade 02.

So, basically, the main reason I am writing this post is to inform all you fellow Honey Bronze lovers that the beloved shade 02 is in fact being discontinued and you should run to your nearest The Body Shop (online is already sold out) and stock up.

Has your favourite product ever been discontinued?


Zoe x






Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

4 comments:

  1. Body shop discontinued my favourite lip balm too, when I asked the girl in the store do they have any left over she did manage to get the last 3 from the back store and I immediately bought all of them...

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found an alternative yet? It was my favourite bronzer as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not! The closest I've found is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer but even then I found it oxidised throughout the day and just wasn't as good of a colour. The search continues!

      Delete
  3. I work for the body shop too and it was so sad to hear. Lush discontinued my FAVORITE body butter and I was so depressed

    ReplyDelete