Contact

Monday, 13 July 2015

The Best Primers for Oily Skin

primers for oily skin, the best primers for oily skin, Benefit POREfessional review, The Body Shop InstaBlur review, Topshop Airbrush primer review,

As an oily skinned gal, primer is a must. I will never understand the people that write it off as an unnecessary step. Rude. What I look for in a primer is something that is going to help control oil, that gives a matte finish (I always go in with a more dewy foundation because I do like a glow) and keeps my makeup smooth and in place all day. Not much to ask for, right?
primers for oily skin, the best primers for oily skin, Benefit POREfessional review, The Body Shop InstaBlur review, Topshop Airbrush primer review,

I love InstaBlur primer from The Body Shop (£14) and have repurchased countless tubes. This is probably the best in terms of mattifying the skin and controlling oil. On the odd day I'd forget to wear it, I'd find myself looking in the mirror and wondering why it looked as if I had stuck my face in a chip pan. Hello, shine.
This has a thick, silicone texture that instantly smooths over the skin and blurs imperfections. I find silicone feeling primers tend to be the best in terms of mattifying and smoothing out the skin. Just me? Maybe. I can't be doing with "cream" primers that are basically just moisturisers, that sink in and do literally nothing for the skin.

primers for oily skin, the best primers for oily skin, Benefit POREfessional review, The Body Shop InstaBlur review, Topshop Airbrush primer review,

My current primer is Topshop Airbrush primer (£12). I wouldn't say it was as good as controlling oil as the InstaBlur but it is pretty close. However, it keeps your makeup smooth and in place all day long. I love this and it took the place as my new favourite primer earlier in the year. It is a lighter, less stiff texture than the InstaBlur and it doesn't do as much in terms of blurring and smoothing out the skin, I love this for how good it makes my makeup look. My makeup usually goes patchy on my chin and between my eyebrows but everywhere stays smooth and even when I wear this as a base.

primers for oily skin, the best primers for oily skin, Benefit POREfessional review, The Body Shop InstaBlur review, Topshop Airbrush primer review,

When you've got oily skin, large pores tend to be an issue too (Not for everyone, obviously) For this, I use Benefit POREfessional (£24.50). This, for me, isn't a primer I'd use all over. I use it purely for hiding large pores around my nose and cheeks. I take the product and lightly tap it into the effected areas and use another primer everywhere else. This really does disguise pores completely! I've used it all over before and was not a fan. I found my foundation stuck to it and was a bit uneven but used just in targeted areas, it is amazing. It makes large pores completely invisible and creates a smooth, flawless finish. I've never purchased a full size of POREfessional because I always seem to have the little mini sizes floating around! But when I do run out of them, I would 100% purchase a full size tube.

Those are my favourite primers for oily skin. What are yours?

Thank you for reading. I hope you found it helpful!



Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment