Contact

Monday, 20 July 2015

Styling Products For A "Lob"

styling products for a lob, how to style a lob, styling products for a long bob, L'oreal Tecni Art, Charles Worthington texturising spray, Dove root lift spray, Dove oxygen and moisture

Can I just start out by saying how much I hate the word "lob"?! Yuck. Anyway.
This style of cut has been very popular this year, so today I thought I would run through my favourite products I use to achieve a messy, beachy, wavey look. You know the look I am talking about.


With this style of cut, I think the messier the better. It's more about texture and wave than it being neat and perfect (that is how I personally prefer to style it anyway) I may do a full haircare/how I style routine in the future but for right now, I'm just talking about the products I use.

I will say I start by curling my hair with either straighteners or a curling wand, or sometimes a mix of both. My hair is naturally quite fine and straight, so I do need help to get that wave in my hair to start.

I love using mousse in my hair for extra grip and body. I am currently loving the L'oreal Tecni Art Volume Lift Spray Mousse. It is great for adding volume and because of the handy little nozzle, you can spray the mousse directly into your hair where you want it. I aim straight for the roots.

styling products for a lob, how to style a lob, styling products for a long bob, L'oreal Tecni Art, Charles Worthington texturising spray, Dove root lift spray, Dove oxygen and moisture

When you've got a "lob", texturising sprays are your best friend and the key for making your hair have that tossled, effortless look. My favourite is the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray. Not only is this super cheap, is is a great product! This gives the hair a lot of texture but also some hold, which is great for making my fine hair hold a curl.

styling products for a lob, how to style a lob, styling products for a long bob, L'oreal Tecni Art, Charles Worthington texturising spray, Dove root lift spray, Dove oxygen and moisture

Also from the Tecni Art range, I love the L'oreal Next Day Hair spray. This is slightly softer in the hair but is still great for adding that lived in look to the hair. I spray this whilst running my fingers through the curls to break them up a bit.


styling products for a lob, how to style a lob, styling products for a long bob, L'oreal Tecni Art, Charles Worthington texturising spray, Dove root lift spray, Dove oxygen and moisture

The Dove Moisture and Oxygen Root Lift Spray is a great product to use for just adding an overall "oomph" to the hair. It lifts everything up with weightless, airy volume and makes styling so much easier!

styling products for a lob, how to style a lob, styling products for a long bob, L'oreal Tecni Art, Charles Worthington texturising spray, Dove root lift spray, Dove oxygen and moisture

Do you have any product recommendations for styling a lob?

Thanks for reading.


Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment