Contact

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Shower Gel For Dry Skin (Sanctuary 12 Hour Shower Creme)

shower gel for dry skin, sulfate free shower gel, in shower moisturiser, Sanctuary 12 hour moisturising shower creme review

I have very dry skin on my body, especially my legs and hips. I blame tight jeans and a general laziness towards moisturising. Oops. So, I've been on the hunt for a shower gel that is so moisturising
that it helps to at least take away some of the dryness, whilst also being SLS free. It really bugs me when shower gels claim to be "ultra moisturising! Loaded with ___ and ___" and then the second ingredient in SLS. Kind of defeats the purpose really.. (SLS is the ingredient that causes foam in products. It is very drying on the skin and strips the natural oils on the skin completely.)

Now, I know I can't complain too much because I am just so lazy with using body butters, lotions and all the rest of it but what I really wanted to find was a shower gel that almost doubled up as a in shower moisturiser.

shower gel for dry skin, sulfate free shower gel, in shower moisturiser, Sanctuary 12 hour moisturising shower creme review

I picked up the Sanctuary 12 Hour Moisture Creme (£6.50) from Boots a few weeks ago and I have been a massive difference in the condition of my skin! It is a super thick and buttery consistency that feels lovely on the skin. It is loaded with ingredients such as vitamin E, sunflower oil and shea butter, which are all smack-bang at the top of the ingredients list. It does contain Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, which does act as a "foaming agent " but it is not one of the 2 main sulphates that create a harsh, drying effect to the skin. Plus, it is listed after all the oils and butters.

I generously apply this to my skin, focusing mainly on my hips, arms and down my legs. I leave it so sit for a few minutes and then rinse away. It has not taken away the dryness completely but that is fine, I never expected it to. But it has helped massively! I'd say my hips are probably half as dry as the use to be and now I can just apply a light lotion after and that is enough (Whereas before I'd have to apply a thick body butter and I am not a fan of how heavy they feel on the skin, that is probably why I put off doing it!)

If you are looking for a super nourishing, sulphate free shower gel, I'd highly recommend Sanctuary 12 Hour Moisture Creme.

Have you for any recommendations to help dry skin (the lazy way)? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading.




Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment