Contact

Monday, 6 July 2015

Affordable Masks and Treatments For Oily/Congested Skin


skincare for oily skin, treatments for oily skin, spot treatments, caudalie instant detox mask, la roche posay effaclar duo, first aid beauty blemish control pads, skincare for congestion, congested skin, oily skin, Vichy normaderm night detox, scottish blogger, beauty blogger

Today I am going to go over a few of my favourite treatments for oily and/or blemish prone skin. I would class these as more affordable products, however, I know everyone has a different view on what they class as "affordable" so to make it easy, everything mentioned is under £25!
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +. This is where it starts. This product, for me, is the key to good skin. Effaclar Duo + (Originally just Effaclar Duo when I first purchased it) is one of the first "proper"skincare items I ever purchased once I started getting massively into skincare.


skincare for oily skin, treatments for oily skin, spot treatments, caudalie instant detox mask, la roche posay effaclar duo, first aid beauty blemish control pads, skincare for congestion, congested skin, oily skin, Vichy normaderm night detox, scottish blogger, beauty blogger

This is what made such a huge difference to my skin. I never had "bad" skin, by any means but I had a lot of under the skin congestion and uneven texture such as large pores and blackheads around my nose and chin. This got rid of it all.

I used it regularly for the first few months I had it but now, it is an "as and when" product, one I will always have in my collection for when I need it. It completely smooths out the skin. It is fantastic for getting rid of stubborn congestion and bumps. 

The First Aid Beauty Blemish Control pads are a new discovery for me but it only takes a couple nights use to fall in love with the results they give. Whilst Effaclar Duo is great for getting rid of more under the skin issues, the F.A.B Blemish Control Pads help to get rid of active, surface blemishes. 

skincare for oily skin, treatments for oily skin, spot treatments, caudalie instant detox mask, la roche posay effaclar duo, first aid beauty blemish control pads, skincare for congestion, congested skin, oily skin, Vichy normaderm night detox, scottish blogger, beauty blogger

Within a couple nights, any active spots are visibly reduced in size, redness and swelling. Despite being a spot treatment, these are surprisingly gentle on the skin and they never leave the skin feeling tight or stripped. I am so glad I discovered these!

Vichy Normaderm Night Detox is for the oily skinned gals and guys, who suffer with active acne/blemishes. 

skincare for oily skin, treatments for oily skin, spot treatments, caudalie instant detox mask, la roche posay effaclar duo, first aid beauty blemish control pads, skincare for congestion, congested skin, oily skin, Vichy normaderm night detox, scottish blogger, beauty blogger


This product helps to regulate oil production whilst you sleep. I have an oily skin type and find that sometimes, in the morning my face is oily and because of all that oil that has been produced during the night, spots have come with it. This helps to just keep everything under control. I was hesitant at first as I instantly thought of it drying out the skin completely and I'd wake up looking like a prune. But the skin stays comfortable, yet balanced.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask does exactly as it says on the tube. This mask is great for giving the skin a gentle but effective detox.

skincare for oily skin, treatments for oily skin, spot treatments, caudalie instant detox mask, la roche posay effaclar duo, first aid beauty blemish control pads, skincare for congestion, congested skin, oily skin, Vichy normaderm night detox, scottish blogger, beauty blogger

 I use this when my skin is feeling congested and a bit gross. If I have a lot of uneven texture on my nose from blackheads (nice) or in general, my skin just isn't looking it's best, I'll use this. It effectively reduces redness and swelling on any active blemishes but what I love this for is blackheads and congestion. You can see where it has sunk into your pores, which is so satisfying to see and when you wash it off, your blackheads have been washed away with it. When my skin is bad, I'll use this more frequently but I tend to use it about once a week, just to keep my skin cleansed and detoxed.

Those are my favourite (affordable) masks and treatments to help balance out oily/congested skin! Do you have any I should try? I am always up for recommendations.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful.



Zoe x  

1 comment: