Contact

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

La Roche Posay Serozinc Review

La Roche Posay Serozinc, Serozinc review, skincare for oily skin, toners, affordable skincare for oily skin, the best products for oily skin, beauty bloggers, Scottish beauty blogger

La Roche Posay Serozinc is finally available in the UK. In fact, it is as easy as popping into your local Boots and picking up a can straight from the shelf. Who would have thought we'd finally see this day?

I wrote a post about Serozinc months ago, and since it's arrival in the UK this year, I thought I would rewrite it.
La Roche-Posay Serozinc is by far the best "toner" to reach for if you have oily/blemish prone/congested skin. It contains only three ingredients; Thermal spring water, zinc sulphate and sodium chloride. Serozinc is like a spot treatment in a can. An effective but non-drying, non-stripping spot treatment. These ingredients help to stop blemishes in their tracks, kill bacteria, whilst also healing and soothing the skin.

I use Serozinc in the place of a "traditional" toner (after cleansing) and I find it helps to prep my skin. It balances out any excess oil and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. If I am having a no makeup day and feel as if my skin is a bit too oily, I spray this and it immediately removes excess oil but still leaves my skin feeling comfortable, it in no way strips or dehydrates it.

Serozinc (and Effaclar Duo but that is a whole other post!) are my go-to products for when I am having a breakout. Zinc helps to heal the skin, so if you've got active blemishes, it helps to get rid of them quicker but without being too harsh.

Serozinc is in no way a moisturising product (but it is also in no way drying or harsh on the skin) nor does it claim to be, so if you have dry or dehydrated skin, it is best to follow up with something more moisturising. I like to follow up with a moisturising spritz, such as the Clinique Moisture Surge Spray or The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, both of which are light and provide hydration to the skin keeping it balanced.


Have you tried La Roche Posay Serozinc before? Let me know what you think of it in the comments!

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful.



Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment