Contact

Friday, 3 July 2015

High End Haul (MAC, Clinique, Glam Glow + more)


I need to follow my own rules on how to survive a spending ban. I can not stop shopping. I am back with yet another haul post. Although, this one is smaller it consists of luxury, high end goodies that made my wallet want to run away screaming when it saw me pick them up. Some of these bits I've had for a few weeks now, so I have had the chance to try them out properly!

The MAC Eyes on MAC Palette in Burgundy had been playing on my mind since I saw it in store, picked it up and cringed at the price, quickly placing it back on the shelf. After seeing one too many Instagram snaps on it, I purchased it online before I or anyone else decided to stop me.


It is a gorgeous wearable but colourful palette featuring a distinct purple/taupey vibe. And I love it. These kind of shades are right up the street and seeing the combination together in a dinky little palette like this is enough to make me swoon. £30 down but my eye shadow game is strong and that is all that matters, really.

Next up is a mask that I was itching to repurchase. The GlamGlow Super Mud instantly became a staple in my routine after the first time I used it. The price, however, makes me wince. £45 for 30ml. Eek. But then I thought, I spent £30 on eye shadow, so I am going to spend that on my face. I shall thank myself in the long run, I know it.



I purchased this of an online store called Gorgeous Shop. However, I am linking it to somewhere else (Lookfantastic.com) as I am not happy with the service I received. My order took 2 and a half weeks to arrive and 2 failed attempts (i.e I was completely ignored) at getting in touch with customer services. A tweet and a pitiful apology later, my package arrived. The only reason I ordered from Gorgeous Shop was because you get a free mini mask with every Glam Glow order and they had Super Mud on there for only £35 (Look Fantastic also have it at this price.)

A single, but totally amazing, purchase from Clinique. I picked up the Moisture Surge Facial Spray, since a) I love the moisturiser and b) Caroline Hirons said it was amazing. Duh.


And she was right. I love this stuff. I am not going to talk about it much as it will 100% be making an appearance in my monthly favourites but just know, if you have dehydrated skin (or ANY skin type actually) you will love this.

Kiehls, Kiehls, Kiehls. I went straight to them when I decided I wanted the thickest eye cream to slather on at night before bed. Their Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado does the trick. I had a sample of this months ago and kept meaning to purchase the full size.
I also threw in the Hydro-Plumping Re-texturizing Serum Concentrate, just.. 'Cause.



Have you treated yourself to any luxury goodies recently?

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it.



Zoe x

2 comments: