Contact

Friday, 26 June 2015

My Current Evening Skincare Routine

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

My previous post was my current morning skincare routine. So it only makes sense to follow up with the skincare I use at the end of the day.


First things first. Removing makeup.

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

Right now, my cleanser of choice is Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil (£22) It is simple, effective, fuss free. No fancy claims, it just melts away makeup. I think I prefer this to the balm version!

I remove my eye makeup separately and for that I use the No.7 Eye Makeup Remover (£8.50)

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

It is part oil, you shake it up, onto a cotton pad, hold over the eye. Rub, rub, rub. Eye makeup is gone. It is super gentle and has never caused any irritation to my eyes ever. I also find since using this my eyelashes have been in really good condition. Almost like it is conditioning them and making them look really glossy and long. Possible?

After my makeup has been removed, I go in with my whole over the top toning fiasco. I do not tend to acid tone at night, especially if I have already done so in my morning routine, there is just no need for it. So I usually just go in with Serozinc and then Clinique Moisture Surge spray (£21)

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

I then go in with a treatment product. Now, this will obviously vary on how much skin is and what it needs but recently, I've been reaching for the F.A.B Blemish Control Pads (£22)

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

These are fantastic for treating spots. They contain salicylic acid to help unclog pores and to get rid of blemishes at the root of the problem and also witch hazel and tea tree to help kill surface bacteria. (If I know I am going to use this product, as I do not use them every night, I will use my Clinique Spray after rather than before.)

As for eye cream, I like to slather on some Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (£20) It is thick and nourishing and that is exactly what I like in an eye cream. For night time anyway.

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

As for my night time moisturiser, like most things, it depends. Some nights, I want to use an oil. Other nights maybe a hydrating mask. But what I probably reach for the most is my Bouncy Sleeping Mask from The Body Shop (£22)

The body shop bouncy sleeping mask, clinique take the day off cleansing oil, first aid beauty pads, first aid beauty blemish pads, clinique moisture surge, skincare routine, evening skincare routine, skincare for oily skin

I love this because it is so light and breathable on the skin yet it does such a good job and delivering much needed moisture to my dehydrated skin. The thought of applying a thick night cream before bed is enough to give me nightmares, so this is perfect for it as it is light but super hydrating. Bouncy Sleeping Mask is by far my favourite evening' product I have ever used. I think it is a great alternative for someone who does not like a thick night cream but still needs the moisture (i.e Moi.)

What is your night time routine? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading.



Zoe x

2 comments:

  1. Does the bouncy sleeping mask break you out? I have oily dehydrated skin and any form of oil breaks me out, and I saw this product has oil in it.
    Also I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all. It's so light on the skin that I never have any problems with it! The oils are light plant based oils which are great for oily skins as they help balance whilst not being too heavy. Pop into your local store and ask for a sample if you are unsure! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete