Contact

Monday, 22 June 2015

My Affordable MAC Soar Alternative

MAC Soar, MAC Soar alternative, MAC Soar dupe, GOSH Antique Rose lip pencil, beauty blogger, Scottish blogger

I love the look of the oh-so famous MAC Soar. Who doesn't? I see girls all over Instagram wearing it and they look great. They rock it. Me, however? Something juuust doesn't look right. I do not know whether it is just in my own head because I am not use to wearing such browny undertoned shades that I feel it just looks too dark on me and I look like a 90s throwback (a bad one at that) or if it really, actually, doesn't suit me.


My Sister, Megan, is the one who owns Soar, I simply just steal it occasionally, every time with the mindset of "Okay, this time I will decide if I like it or not!" and each time I end up with the same answer: "I just dont knooow."
There is just something I am not sure about and I am almost certain it's the brown undertone. Even though everyone says "its really pinky toned." I would say it was brown with pinky undertones. At least on me anyway.

And that's what I want. MAC Soar but more pink. I do not mean Barbie bubble-gum pink, obvs. But a deep, rich pink that still gives that natural, your lips but darker, bigger and more pouty look.

Step in GOSH Velvet Lip Liner in Antique Rose (£4.99)

This is MAC Soar's pinker, half the cost, better suited to me Sister. And I absolutely love it.

MAC Soar, MAC Soar alternative, MAC Soar dupe, GOSH Antique Rose lip pencil, beauty blogger, Scottish blogger

It has all the same qualities as MAC Soar. It is completely matte, super long wearing, smooth and creamy to apply. The only down side is it is quite drying but most matte lip product tend to be, so I can live with it.

MAC Soar, MAC Soar alternative, MAC Soar dupe, GOSH Antique Rose lip pencil, beauty blogger, Scottish blogger

Basically, all I can say is, if you want a more pink version of Soar, definitely look into GOSH Antique Rose. You will not be disappointed!

Thanks for reading. I hope you found this helpful.


Zoe x

2 comments:

  1. I have Soar and I love these kind of colours, i've never tried anything from gosh but this looks lovely, now I need to go to superdrug...

    http://ciarasproject.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, it is so lovely! I'm so glad I picked it up :)

      Delete