Contact

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

First Aid Beauty Blemish Control Pads REVIEW


After receiving First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Pads in my Feel Unique Radiant Skin beauty box, I started looking into the brand a bit more and what other products they had to offer. I came across a different type of facial pads they had called the Blemish Control Pads.


These claim to "Help prevent breakouts, control oil and minimise pores." My skin was going through a bit of a spotty phase at that point so I thought I'd try them out. They contain spot fighting ingredients such as witch hazel, tea tree oil and good old salicylic acid.

These little pre-soaked pads are great to apply as a "treatment" product, preferably at night. They do a fantastic job at helping blemishes on their way. I had maybe 3-4 blemishes on my cheeks and after 2 nights of using the Blemish Control Pads, they had reduced considerably in size. The texture and swelling had also gone (so they were no longer risen) and all I was left with was a small red mark that was easily covered by concealer.

I am always hesitant to use "spot treatments" as I instantly think of dry, tight, dehydrated skin that has had the life sucked out of it by a just a pea sized amount of product. However, I like how these leave my skin feeling. It feels balanced and clean, whilst still being plump and supple.

As far as helping stop blemishes from surfacing, I am not entirely sure. But I know that it definitely helps to get rid of ones that are already active. The Blemish Pads are far more gentle but just as effective at getting rid of blemishes and congestion within the skin as other spot treatments.

I think the F.A.B Blemish Control Pads will be a great product for someone who has blemish prone skin to incorporate into their routine a few times a week and for someone who just gets the odd blemish here or there, like myself, to have on hand for emergency situations.

You can buy the First Aid Beauty Blemish Control Pads on Beauty Bay. £22 for 60 pads.

Have you tried the FAB Blemish Control pads before? If you have, what do you think of them?

Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful.



Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment