Contact

Friday, 8 May 2015

Trying Colour... (Topshop Nail Colour in Tidal)

Topshop, Topshop makeup, Topshop nails, Topshop nail polish in tidal, Topshop nail polish tidal swatch

Topshop, Topshop makeup, Topshop nails, Topshop nail polish in tidal, Topshop nail polish tidal swatch
I decided to step out of my "every shade of baby pink nail polish under the sun" comfort zone. Since Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup posted about the Topshop nail colour in Blue Rinse, I have had the idea of blue nails playing on my mind. I went into my local Topshop and ended up walking out with Tidal (£5)



Tidal is far more greeny/grey undertoned than Blue Rinse but still had that blue tint to it. It is more dusky and muted which is what drew me to it. Blue Rinse is really pretty but I think that it is still too blue for me to actually wear and like on my nails (I always think they look pretty in the bottle but when they're actually on my hands I wonder why I bought it.) I can handle either cobalt blue or baby blue, but anything in the middle I tend to avoid. 

The formulation (like all Topshop nail polishes) is great. Opaque and even in 2 coats. 
So far, I am liking it. It is an interesting colour that nothing else in my collection even comes close to. I am so glad it has that duskyness to it that keeps it more muted and wearable. We shall see how it goes!

Have you tried this shade before?

Thank you for reading.

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment