Contact

Monday, 11 May 2015

The Best Tool For A Flawless Base | Real Techniques Sponge

Real Techniques, Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

For the longest time I was a buffing brush kind of girl for applying my foundation. I found nothing more satisfying that sitting and buffing in my foundation for as long as I liked, until it was practically buffed away completely. Ooops.

Now I am not sure if it was watching girls on YouTube or possibly seeing photos on Instagram all the time that planted the seed of "You should use a makeup sponge" into my head but I found myself thinking just that everyday in the middle of my 10 minute buffing session.


Eventually, I cracked and purchased the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) and have since waved goodbye to my buffing brushes.

 No matter what foundation I use this with, it makes it look good. Not just good but bloody amazing. It makes your base look so flawless and even. I also find that it gives better coverage too. Even though I loved using my buffing brushes, they can tend to "push" your base around, which means redness and blemishes can still show through. When using the Miracle Complexion Sponge you are patting the foundation on, so it covers more, rather than moving around.

Once wet, it expands and goes really bouncy and squishy, so it is easy to blend your base it without it soaking up too much product.

I also love the shape of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. The pointed tip allows you to get underneath the eye to blend concealer easily and the flat side makes it so quick and easy to blend the best of your base in seconds.

Do you have a tool that helps you to achieve a flawless base?


Thank you for reading.

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment