Contact

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

New Skincare Update: What Worked and What Didn't

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil, Caudalie Glycolic Peel Mask, Clinique Extended Thirst Relief moisturiser, La Roche Posay


About a month ago I posted about some new skincare bits that I had introduced into my routine (Out With The Old In With The New: Skincare) I feel like I have used the products enough to be able to report back with an update on how I have been getting on with them.


I shall start with cleansing. I introduced the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil (£22) into my routine for my evening cleanse/makeup remover. I have used up several of the TTDO Cleansing Balms before but this was my first time trying the oil version. I can say that I really enjoy this product. It is really effective at removing makeup and is the perfect easy, fuss free cleanser. I must admit, I do miss the luxurious feel and smell of other cleansing oils I have used as this does lack that. It doesn't feel as luxurious on the skin and kind of smells a little bit like plastic but it does the job and it does it well.

Another product from Clinique that I started using is their Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (£34) I reeeeally like this. Again, it is quite simple but does the job. Thirst Relief moisturiser is a thick(er) gel consistency that feels so lovely and cooling on the skin. Despite being slightly thicker, it sinks into the skin easily and does not leave any kind of residue or heaviness on the skin. "Extended thirst relief" is the perfect name for it. If you have dehydrated skin, this is something you should look into. It delivers so much hydration to the skin, leaving it plump and supple and it stays like that all day. Love it!

I also changed up my eye cream to the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Eyes (£15) I do like this but it is very different from what I was using before (Clinique All About Eyes. There seems to be a lot og Clinique in this post so far. Completely unintentional, honestly!) It is a thin gel consistency that is really like on the skin but it gives a good amount of hydration and moisture. The only thing I find is it is quite tacky. It sinks in great, there is no product left on the skin but my skin does feel slightly tacky after I use it. It still gives me the moisture I need, so it is effective and doing it's job, I'm just not sure on how it feels.

Last but, well actually, least is the Caudalie Glycolic Peel Mask (£22) This is the only product I can say I am not impressed with, sadly. Glycolic "peel" is not what I would describe it as. It honestly didn't really do that much. It gave my skin a little bit of a glow, made it kind of soft, a little bit smoother but over all, nothing special. It is very gentle so someone who has more sensitive skin or is hesitant to start using AHA's in their routine should look into this. But for me, it was a miss. Sorry, Caudalie!


No comments:

Post a Comment