Contact

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Vichy Micellar Cleansing Oil and Fresh Cleansing Gel First Impressions

Vichy, Vichy review, Vichy skincare review, Vichy Micellar Cleansing Oil review, Vichy Fresh Cleansing Gel review

As you will have seen if you read my previous post (Boots Beauty Haul) I picked up the two new cleansers from Vichy. I thought I would report back with my first impressions of the products, now I have had the chance to use them a few times.


I will start with the Vichy Fresh Cleansing Gel (£12)
The main thing that attracted me toward this product (other than the fact I am running low on cleansing gel) was the fact that it claims to stop the skin feeling tight or dry after cleansing, which I know is a common problem for a lot of people.

This, to me, is a morning cleanse. I prefer to take my makeup off/do an evening cleanse with an oil or a balm cleanser. I don't find gels as effective for removing makeup.

It is far thinner and more liquidy that other cleansing gels I have used. It lathers up on the skin slightly but don't worry, it is SLS free. Something I made sure to check before ordering it. I removed it with a flannel, as always.

My skin did not feel tight after using it, which was the main thing I was conscious of. On the other hand, it wasn't hydrated or moisturised either, which I did not expect from a cleansing gel, so it's fine. If you have very dry skin, this will not be for you. Dry skin would benefit more from a cleansing milk/cream/oil/balm, even in the morning. If you have normal/oily skin and just want something to give a quick cleanse in the morning, then this is suitable for you.

Next up and what I was most excited to try is the Vichy Micellar Cleansing Oil (£13.75)

So this, for me, is definitely a first cleanse. One to remove all the makeup before moving onto a skin cleanse. It is a very thin, light oil that was really effective at breaking down and removing makeup.

The only thing, that I am really annoyed at myself for not checking before I bought it, is that it is mineral oil based. Uggggh!

I hate mineral oil, as you might know if you are a regular reader of my blog. I have talked about the effects it has on the skin multiple times.

Despite the fact it was great at removing makeup, I felt like it did leave a slight residue on my skin. Now, I don't know if that was just me being paranoid because I knew by this point that it contained mineral oil or if it genuinely does leave a residue.

I can not decide whether to keep using it or not. It is not being left on the skin, so the mineral oil won't have the chance to cause any harm but at the same time, I just dislike the ingredient so much, I can't bring myself to keep using it.

If you have no problem with using mineral oil, especially since it is just being wiped straight off the skin, then this is a nice product. It removed makeup really well and would also be suitable for a morning cleanse.

Have you tried any of these before?

Thank you for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful!


Zoe x

1 comment:

  1. Cảm ơn bài viết của bạn. Nó thật hữu ích với mình. Mình cũng có 5 bài viết chia sẻ cho bạn và các bạn muốn tiềm hiểu đồ mỹ phẩm hiện nay
    Nước xịt khoáng Vichy
    Review mỹ phẩm nhật bản
    Son handmade độc đáo
    Mái tóc đẹp cho màu thu 2015
    Sữa rửa mặt shiseido perfect whip

    ReplyDelete