Contact

Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Nails Inc by Victoria Beckham "Bamboo White" REVIEW

As a lover of all baby pink nail polish, I instantly fell in love with the Nails Inc by Victoria Beckham nail polish in the shade Bamboo White. I stalked swatches of it online constantly and read review after review about how stunning it was. I was very luckily gifted it by my Sister for my birthday and few weeks ago and was absolutely over the moon to receive it.

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

I'll start off with the packaging, something a lot of people seem to have a problem with. The Nails Inc by Victoria Beckham polishes come in a beautiful white cardboard box, which holds the little bottle of polish inside. A lot of people see it as a "total waste" and it is "ridiculous" that such a tiny item would come packaged this way.

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

Me, however? I love it. I think it is so luxe and chic. It makes the perfect gift! It is kind of ridiculous and I do see peoples points but I still love it. And when you're paying £25 for a nail polish, I expect fancy!

Oh, yes. That's another point, the price. £25 for 1 nail polish might not even be imaginable for some people, which is fine. It is a ridiculous price to pay for a nail polish and even though I loved it from the moment I saw it, I don't know if it was something I ever would have got round to purchasing myself. It is one to add onto the birthday or Christmas lists. Unless you really feel like treating yourself!

Now, onto the actual nail polish. It is as stunning as I had hoped. I own so many of these off-white, baby, pastel pinks that I was sure it would be easily duped by something else in my collection but no. It is surprisingly unique.

In the bottle Bamboo White appears very nude. However, once applied to the nails it changes slightly. It still has a very nudey-undertone to it, which I think is what makes it different to anything else I have. Bamboo White definitely leans more on the peachy/nude side, rather than the pinky-nude. 

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

This beautiful creamy base makes it far softer looking on the nails, it isn't as stark as Essie-Fiji, for example. It is so clean and chic looking on the nails, exactly how I imagined Victoria wanted it.

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

The formulation is beautiful. It is so easy to work with, unlike a lot of pastel polishes. It is creamy and opaque in 2 coats, although I did have to do 3 on some nails, just to even them out. But overall, it is so easy to work with.

The brush is fantastic too. It is really wide and curved, so it fits onto the nail perfectly when applying the polish, you can cover your whole nail in 1 stroke. The brush almost fans out to fit the curve of the nail exactly. I have very tiny fingers and nails but the brush wasn't too big for me to use at all. The more pressure you apply, the more the brush fans out, so it will suit all nail shapes/sizes.

Nails Inc Victoria Beckham Nail Polish in Bamboo White, Nails Inc Victoria Beckham, Bamboo White nail polish, Victoria Beckham nail polish in Bamboo white, Nails Inc Victora Beckham Nail Polish Bamboo White swatch

The finish of Bamboo White is cream. There is no glitter or shimmer running through it at all. Like I said earlier, it is also has a completely opaque coverage.

The wear has been great. It has lasted 5 days so far without chipping. I did use a layer of  Seche Vite as my topcoat, though.

I think Bamboo White by Nails Inc x Victoria Beckham is a gorgeous, unique colour that every nail polish lover would enjoy having in their collection.

This product is a splurge, it really is. But it is worth it. Like I said, add it to your Birthday or Christmas list and keep your fingers crossed!

Have you tried Bamboo White by Nails Inc? If you have, what did you think of it?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful!


Zoe x

2 comments: