Contact

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

2 New (Awesome) Budget Buys


Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow review, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow swatches, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque,Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz swatch, Seventeen Mono Eyeashadow Statuesque swatch, Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer, Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer review

Recently, I have discovered a couple of makeup items, that are not only budget friendly but amazing quality. I thought I would share them with you today as there is nothing better than finding a drugstore bargain! 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer, Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer review

Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer (£5.49) caught my eye as I was browsing in Boots. I was in need of a new high coverage concealer as my Collection Lasting Perfection or whatever it is called, was on it's last legs and I wasn't that big a fan of it anyway. I find it quite cakey (Unpopular opinion right here.)
I am very impressed with this concealer. It is definitely high coverage. It has a thick but creamy consistency that blends really nicely onto the skin and effortlessly covers spots, redness and whatever else you'd like to cover on your face.

I use it with my finger, as I feel the warmth of my hands helps the product to melt slightly, making it easier to blend onto the skin.

This is 100% a spot concealer for me. The thought of putting this underneath my eyes is enough to give me nightmares. Hello, cakey, dry mess. (Mainly due to my dehydrated under eyes, may I add)
I just feel this concealer is more suitable for covering blemishes due to it's coverage and consistency anyway.


Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow review, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow swatches, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz, Seventeen Mono Eyeashadow Statuesque,Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz swatch, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque swatch

Seventeen Eyeshadow Mono (£3.89)

Despite the utterly crappy name (sorry Seventeen) these eyeshadows are great. I picked up 2 of the new shades; Rose Quarts and Statuesque.

Rose Quarts is a beautiful taupey-purple shade. Statuesque is more of a typical goldy-brown. Both are stunning!

Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow review, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow swatches, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque,Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz swatch, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque swatch

The quality of them is like that of a high end eye shadow. If you were to just look at these, you'd think they were a cream. They look so silky and soft.
They are a powder formulation but they are so buttery and soft, they almost feel like a cream, as well.

Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow review, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow swatches, Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque,Seventeen Mono eyeshadow Rose Quartz swatch, Seventeen Mono Eyeshadow Statuesque swatch

Both the shades are a metallic, shimmer finish. They almost have that "wet look" effect to them. The pigmentation is great and they are so easy to apply and blend, I just use a flat shader from Zoeva.

They are so pretty and effortless. You can just quickly whack them on, blend blend blend, and you're done! The metallic finish stops them looking "flat" so you can wear one shade all over the eye.

Those are my two new budget finds! Have you tried any of these before? Or found any of your own bargain recently?


Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it!


Zoe x

3 comments:

  1. Stop making me want to buy stuff! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the Rimmel Concealer too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Seventeen shadows look beautiful! I'm in need of a new concealer but I'm not sure the Rimmel one is for me.

    Kirstie | Kimamely Beauty

    ReplyDelete