Contact

Monday, 9 March 2015

When A Hyped Product Disappoints..

Maybelline Colour Drama, Maybelline Colour Drama Review, Maybelline Colour Drama in Berry Much
Maybelline Colour Drama in Berry Much

After months of reading about them on blogs, mainly being compared to the NARS Velvet pencils I finally picked up a Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencil.


What stopped me before was the colour range. There was a small selection of "not to my taste" pinks and nudes and I believe a darker mauvey shade. "Meh." was how I felt about them overall but I was still interested in picking one up as I loved the idea of a long lasting, matte, and most importantly, affordable lip pencil.

I was browsing the stand again recently and saw they had expanded the colour range and brought in some far more appealing colours, such as some reds, darker pinks and some orangey shades. I instantly gravitated toward a beautiful, dark berry shade called "Berry Much". I picked it up and off to the till I went.

Maybelline Colour Drama, Maybelline Colour Drama Review, Maybelline Colour Drama Swatch, Maybelline Colour Drama in Berry Much

It was really easy to apply. It was creamy and smooth and the colour pigmentation was great. However, I am really disappointed in this product.

I wore it for the first time up to town. By the time the 20 minute drive there was over, it had already disappeared from the centre of my lips. How? I wasn't talking or eating or drinking. I mean, I know I sing along to the radio but surely not that vigorously!

Not only had it worn off, it had done so very unevenly and awkwardly. I had hardly any product left in the centre of my lips and patchy, uneven bits around the outsides. Great. I don't mind when a lip product wears off, as long as it does so evenly (and not after 20 minutes....)

It also clung onto dry patches on my lips for dear life, resulting in very obvious patches that were considerable darker than the rest of my lip.

In terms of how it felt on the lips, I would probably say "Fine", although it didn't really hang around long enough for me to make a proper judgement.

I ended up getting a tissue and wiping it off completely after a few failed attempts at "I'll just reapply it, it'll be fine." No. More reapplying just ended up in more uneven patchyness.

I am really upset to say that I didn't get on very well with this product, especially as everyone else seems to love them!

Have you tried these before? If you have, let me know how you got on with them in the comments below! I hope it was better than my experience.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope you found it helpful!

Zoe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment