Contact

Thursday, 19 March 2015

Topshop Airbrush Primer Review

Topshop Airbrush Primer, Topshop Airbrush Primer Review, Topshop makeup, Topshop primer

As an oily skinned gal, a primer is a must for me. I will never understand the people who claim it is an "unnecessary step". A good primer is what keeps oil under control, keeps makeup in place and gives you a smooth, flawless base.
If you have read my blog before, you'll know that for the last year-ish my go to, favourite, every day primer was InstaBlur from The Body Shop (£14). It is a great product if you have oily skin or simply just want to keep your makeup in place that extra bit longer throughout the day.
However, I have found something that has finally, not only managed to be as good at the InstaBlur, but actually better!



This is the Topshop Airbrush Primer (£12). I believe this is fairly new to the Topshop makeup range as I have only seen it appear online/in store in the last few months or so.
It is much thinner in consistency than the InstaBlur but still has that silky, silicone texture to it, which helps it to glide effortlessly over the skin.
Now, despite being called the "airbrush" primer I don't actually find it does much in terms of making my skin appear "airbrushed". Infact, you apply it to the skin and it kind of just disappears, which usually would be a No-no sign for me in a primer.
But what this does in terms of the wear of your makeup is incredible! It keeps it looking flawless all. day. long.
I can look in the mirror at the end of the day and my makeup will pretty much look the same as it did when I applied it 10 hours ago in the morning, apart from maybe a little natural "glow" coming through, which I honestly have no problem with!

I found that even with the InstaBlur, by the end of the day my makeup, especially around my mouth and between my eyebrows, would have gone a bit patchy and uneven but with this primer everything stays smooth, even and in place for the whole day.
It is also great at oil control. I find that it does let oil through a little bit more than the InstaBlur did but that is completely fine with me. It still keeps oil under control enough so that I don't end up shiny by the end of the day. 

I've applied my makeup at 8 in the morning had a full day at work and then gone out for a meal after, come home at around 9.30 at night, looked in the mirror and my makeup is still in tact and looks how it did first thing in the morning.

I am so excited I have found a new favourite primer. Have you tried this primer before? Let me know in the comments! 

Thank you so much for reading.

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment