Contact

Sunday, 8 February 2015

The Failed Spending Ban (i.e A Massive Beauty Haul)


Yes, yes.. I was meant to be on a spending ban with my Sister during the month of February and we are only a week in, I have failed miserably! Sorry, sissy. On the plus side though, I can show you all everything I got! (Which I am rather excited about)




Superdrug



Maybelline Lash Sensational - I picked this up from Superdrug as I had read a lot of good reviews about it on blogs/Instagram, so decided to give it a go myself. I have been using it for the last week or so and I do like it, it just hasn't blown me away! I gives good length and separation to the lashes but not a lot of volume, which is what I look for in a mascara. I will continue to use it, it might get better once it dries out slightly.

GOSH 9 Colours To Have Fun with in LA - This gorgeous palette caught my eye online and I had to have it! I originally ordered it from Superdrug.com but accidentally got sent the wrong one (I ended up with 9 Colours To Have Fun with in Vegas, featuring a lot of fluorescent greens, pinks and blues. Erm, return.) 


It is the most neutral of the 3 palettes but I love it as it has a lot of browny/purples thrown in there. It has a good mix of mattes and shimmers as well. I can't wait to use it!


B. Revealed Glycolic Cleanser - I was immediately drawn to this as I am always looking for affordable acid cleansers/toners/exfoliators. This was a total bargain at £3.98 (originally £7.99) as everything from the B. line was half price. I have used it once and I liked it. It is very gentle and soft on the skin and I am excited to try it out some more.

ASOS


I ordered a few Bourjois bits from ASOS as they were reduced by quite a decent amount. I can't really say much about these as I am yet to try them out properly.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - I don't know why I suddenly wanted to pick this up, you can see I was feeling spendy. I also picked up the Healthy Mix Serum, which I wore the other day and I liked it. Although, I can't give a proper opinion as I forgot to look at how it looked at the end of the day, oops.

I also picked up the 1 Second Waterproof Mascara, as I am having a bit of a mascara moment. Why waterproof? I have no idea as I usually don't use waterproof mascara.  I am excited to try it though, volume in 1 second? Yes, please.

The last thing I got was the Magic Nail Polish Remover. My trusty little pot of the Pretty Quick Nail Polish remover has turned a bit black and now dispenses glitter onto my nails every time I use it after I stupidly used it to remove glitter polish. So, this purchase I can justify!

Topshop 


The Topshop makeup stand drew me in again.

Topshop Airbrush Primer appeared in my local store, so I picked it up. I have been looking out for new primers to try recently as I want a change from my InstaBlur (that I still love, obvs.) This has a similar feel as it is silicone based, so it gives that really flawless, airbrushed look to the skin. I am excited to see how it compares to my InstaBlur. I also really want to try the colour correcting version too!

I picked up 2 nail polishes, one in Hide and Seek and the other in Pirouette (which I can't find online at Topshop but I did find it on Feel Unique).
Hide and Seek, in the bottle, looks like it will apply as a sheer, baby pink. I can never have enough of these shades apparently! Pirouette is more of a peachy/nude. Topshop nail polish is up there with my favourite brands so I have high hopes for these.

ASDA


The Dove Oxygen Moisture range had caught my eye recently as it promised to give fine, limp hair (mine) lightweight moisture, whilst adding up to 59% more volume. Hmm.. Interesting. I find buying shampoos and conditioner difficult as my hair is so fine and flat that my hair just ends up weighed down and lifeless. So, I love the idea of something that gives my hair moisture and goodness, whilst making it light and full of volume.

In ASDA they were on the offer of 3 for £10 (which is a bargain as the shampoo and conditioner are £5.99 each.) so I picked up the shampoo, conditioner (obvs) and then the Root Lift Spray. I shall report back!

The Body Shop 


And last but not least, I picked up 2 bits from work. The Argan Solid Oil for lips is one I have been meaning to pick up for a while now. I just can't seem to find a lip balm/butter/oil that actually makes a noticeable difference to my lips. I have used this a few times and I have really enjoyed it. It is far lighter than I expected it to be on the lips and it gives a good amount of hydration and moisture. I do find that I disappears quite quickly so I need to reapply more than I'd like but other than that, so far, I like it!

I am super excited about these. The NEW Lip and Cheek Velvet Sticks have been released along side our new Smoky Poppy range for Valentines Day. I picked up the shade Poppy Red and so far, I am loving it. Expect to see it in this months Favourites post!

Okay. That is the damage I have done. Spending ban well and truly failed! 

Thank you for reading this post. Have you hauled anything recently? Let me know in the comments.

Zoe x




Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

3 comments:

  1. Those look lovely nude nail polish shades x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Can't get enough of those kinds of shades :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely haul.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete