Contact

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Save vs Splurge: Hydrating Toners


Toners are one of my all time favourite skincare products. I have used a fair few and have come across 2 that are perfect for a Save vs Splurge post. Although, this was quite hard to write because the two products are so similar I found it difficult to say anything different about each one!

The Products

Clarins Extra Comfort Toning Lotion £20 for 200ml
The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner £8.50 for 200ml

Who are they for?

Clarins Extra Comfort Toning Lotion - Dry/Sensitive skin (Although I would say all skin types. I have oily skin and this was perfect for me.)
The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner- All skin types.

Basically, anyone who wants to give their skin a boost of hydration, in one easy step.

What they do

Both toners are for hydration, although on each of their websites they go on about the whole "removes last traces of cleanser, makeup and dirt" crap. That is not what a toner is for, people! Anyway.. They both are very soothing and hydrating on the skin. I use them after acid toning (Usually with the Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner).

Consistency

I wanted to mention the consistency of these as they aren't like normal toners. They are a much thicker, almost gel like consistency. I love this in a toner as I think it shows they are good quality and tend to be far more effective than standard "watery" toners.

The Result

Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Lotion- Your skin is left feeling very soft and plump. In one sweep, it instantly hydrates and soothes. The luxurious gel-like consistency sinks in immediately, leaving no residue or stickiness and does not feel heavy or greasy at all.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner- I could literally just copy and paste the same paragraph in here. These two are practically identical in the way they perform. The Vitamin E Hydrating Toner is the exact same consistency, it hydrates and plumps the skin instantly, whilst soothing and refreshing. It also sinks into the skin immediately, leaving no signs of it behind on the surface of the skin.

So, save or splurge?

I honestly would recommend both of these toners. I think they are fantastic products. This one is just personally down to you, your own budget, how much you like spending on skincare, etc.
I love and would repurchase both. You can see by the photos that my Clarins option is practically finished, I only have one more use out of it, but it it wasn't for the fact I now have a full Vitamin E toner, that works just as well, I would 100% buy this again. And it would be the same the other way round too.

What would you do, save or splurge? Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful.

Zoe x







Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment