Contact

Sunday, 11 January 2015

My 2015 Blogging Resolutions

1. Post More Often - I started slacking a lot toward the end of the year. A lot of it was to do with the fact that I work in retail and at Christmas time, I barely had the time to breathe never mind sit down and write a blog post. But excuses aside, I am making a point to blog more often.

2. Be Less Rambly - I find, looking back, that I tend to be a bit rambly in my posts. Which is super boring. No one liked a rambly blog post about toners, or whatever. Cut it down, be more to the point. NEXT!

3. More Variety - Even though my most popular posts and the ones I always get compliments on out of the blogging world are my skincare posts, I'd like to start writing more about different things. Still sticking with the beauty theme but maybe more about makeup, hauls etc.. I will obviously continue to post (a lot) of skincare posts as that is my favourite thing to write about, I just want to mix it up a bit too.

4. Improve My Photo Quality - I find taking photos really difficult and it can also be the main reason I might not upload a post, if I feel my photos aren't up to scratch. I take my photos with my iPhone 5 and try and make the best out of what I've got but sometimes feel really pressured (by myself) to improve the look and quality of them. And also, I want to improve the over all look of my blog! Get a custom layout, things like that... That may take a while.

5. Stop Comparing My Blog To Others - Probably one of the main issues smaller blog writers have is comparing their little space to someone's super popular, super professional blog that they've had for 5+ years. But that's just it- they've had it for a long time. They've worked on it really hard and the success has come with time. "Don't compare your start, to someone else's middle." Or whatever the saying is....

No comments:

Post a Comment