Contact

Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping Mask REVIEW


The Body Shop Bouncy Sleeping mask, Sleeping masks, The body shop mask, skincare for oily skin, skincare for dehydrated skin

This little guy seems to be getting a lot of attention online, so I thought I would throw my opinion out there as well. As you know, I work for The Body Shop but this does not alter my opinions on the product. 


The Product

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask 

Price 

£22 for 90ml.

What It Does

As it says on the tin, this is a sleeping mask. You apply it to freshly cleansed and toned skin before bed. You need the smallest amount. Like, seriously. Don't go crazy with it or you won't like it. 

It's job is to put all the goodness back into your skin, making it appear fresher, healthier and bouncy to touch. It is loaded with hylaronic acid, which helps to hold water within the skin, making the skin plump and supple. 

It also has Edelweiss plant extract which helps to increase skin cell turn over, so you are revealing new, fresh skin cells. This, over time, will help to decrease the look of fine lines etc.  

Application

So, as I said before, you need a very small amount of this mask. As seen below:



That will comfortably do your whole face. Honestly. (I hope you can see that in the photo!) 

Once you have scooped out a small amount with the handy little spatula provided with the mask, gently massage it over the skin.

On me, it sinks in very quickly. Within 10 minutes I only have a very thin film left over my skin, which is great as no one wants to go to bed with mask dripping off their face. 
Due to the hylaronic acid, it will absorb quickly on most skin types. And if it doesn't, you've probably applied way too much. 

I apply this about 20 minutes before I go to bed, so it has the chance to sink in and settle onto my skin. You will still be able to feel it on your skin but as a very light, thin layer. It isn't sticky or uncomfortable at all. 

Results

You will be able to see and feel the difference the next morning after only one use (which is good as you can decided very quickly whether or not the product works for your skin) Instantly you will notice your skin is plump, hydrated and soft to the touch. You can really feel that the mask continued to work all the way through the night, really boosting your skins moisture levels and plumping everything up.



I prefer using this to a night cream. You might not enjoy the idea of having product sitting on your skin all night, this might seem like it would "clog" the skin but not at all. As I mentioned, the mask is very easily and quickly absorbed into the skin and all that is left on the surface is a very thin, light layer of product. It is far lighter in texture and consistency that your average night cream and definitely sinks in much quicker, too. 

How often can I use it?

You can use this as often as you feel you need to. I have had some customers say they have been using it every night and others that only use it once or twice a week, when they feel their skin needs an extra boost. That is the general feel I have got from reading other blog reviews too. It really is up to you.  

That is another thing I really like about this mask, is the fact you can tailor it to your skins needs, as most masks have strict instructions to "use 1-2 a week only" etc. 


You can also layer this with other products, such as serums (The Drops of Youth Serum works really well underneath this) or a thin layer of night cream can also be applied if you are particularly dry.

I, personally, prefer just to use this on it's own. It gives me enough hydration that I do not feel the need to layer it with serums, moisturisers etc but it is good to know that it is always an option. 

Who is is good for?

Everyone. All skin types, all ages. It is especially good if your skin is dehydrated (like mine) and needs a real boost of moisture. 

A Word from My Sissy

I always like to get my Sisters opinion on products like this as she has very dry skin, the opposite of mine, so I find it interesting to see how well they work on other skin types. This is what she had to say about the Bouncy Sleeping Mask:

"It is good. I didn't even have to use any moisturiser with it. I woke up with fresh, bouncy and glowy skin, that also felt really soft. This is perfect for when I am feeling lazy at night and don't want to use loads of different products!"

Would you buy the full size?
"Yep!" 


So, there you have it! 
Have you tried this mask out for yourself? If you have, what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.


Zoe x 




Want to keep up with my blog? 
Feel free to follow me on  Bloglovin



Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop that has not been marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All 
my opinions are completely true and honest


2 comments:

  1. It is remarkable blog. I wanted to learn such type of the things that I have got from here at one platform. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete