Contact

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Bye Bye, Dehydrated Eyes! New Eye Cream Duo.



Having a reaction to something always sucks. Although it especially sucks when it leaves you with big, crusty looking dry patches under your eyes. Yup, that's what happened to me! I started using a new eye cream and my eyes decided they hated it and punished me with the most horrible looking itchy, red, flaky.. You get the picture, it wasn't great!


This stuck around for a while and when it eventually cleared up, my under eyes were left extremely dry and dehydrated, so bad I could actually feel and see the tightness of the skin. Nothing looked good under there, even the most hydrating, creamy concealer would cake up and stick to any speck of dryness it found. Yuck.

So I went on the hunt for a new eye cream, obviously, as I could not take this any longer.

The Nutriganics Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate* is a bit of a wonder product. I can safely say I love it after the results I have seen. 

This product acts like a serum but specifically for under your eyes. It has a little metal roller ball applicator that allows you to smoothly apply the product all around the eyes (You need the smallest amount, half a pump comfortably does both eyes). 

The roller ball is so soothing and cooling around the eye area, especially great for in the morning as it really refreshes the skin. It reduces puffiness almost instantly and plumps up any fine lines around or under the eyes (which due to dehydration, I had a lot of!) 

It makes your eyes look really tight and taut, in a good way! There is no lines or creases, everything is perfectly smooth and even. It. is. great. For only £18, I am blown away by this product! I would happily pay twice the price for it and I'd expect to see something like this from higher end brands. 

As for eye cream.. I really wanted to focus on putting moisture back into the skin with the eye cream, rather than puffiness etc (the DOY Eye Concentrate takes care of that anyway!) 

So I went for the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream. Even though it is very expensive (£26 for 15ml, although I have an even smaller pot as I got it as part of a gift set.) this tiny little pot will last me for months

You only need a tiny amount patted around the eyes to give an intense boost of moisture to the skin. Even though it is very moisturising it is not heavy or greasy on the skin. It absorbs instantly (maybe with the help of the DOY serum underneath) and really plumps up the skin, making it appear smooth and line-free! 

The difference in my eyes since using this duo is unbelievable! My skin feels and looks so much better. There is no more dehydration or dryness. Product actually sits under my eyes without caking up or creasing like crazy. The skin feels soft and smooth, like there is a good amount of hydration, not like before when it felt dry and lifeless. 

So there is my new eye cream duo! I now have very happy, hydrated under eyes. The joys! 
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful if you were suffering from the same problem I was. 

Let me know what your favourite eye creams are in the comments!

Thanks for reading. 

Zoe x 

 Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment