Contact

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Battle of the "Sorbets" - Caudalie vs The Body Shop


Caudalie's Moisturizing Sorbet was my holy grail moisturiser for months. I love that I found something to suit my fussy, oily, yet dehydrated skin type. 

It is a super light consistency, that instantly absorbs into the skin and provides a boost of hydration to my parched skin. Despite being so light, it gave my skin the moisture it needed to last it comfortably throughout the day. I love it. 

However, Caudalie is not the cheapest brand around and one tube of Moisturizing Sorbet was setting me back about £23 every few months. Ouch. I didn't really mind paying that as my skin loved it, until I found a much cheaper alternative...



Back in the Summer I was given The Body Shop Aqua Boost Sorbet* when it launched. I was using my Caudalie Moisturizing Sorbet at the time (obvs) but trialled this for a few weeks in between repurchases and I really enjoyed it. However, I never really noticed the similarities between the two until recently.

I ran out of my Moisturizing Sorbet about a month and a half ago now and have using the Aqua Boost Sorbet every day since and haven't even thought about repurchasing the Caudalie option.

The are so similar. 

The most obvious similarity being as they are both marketed as being "sorbets", which is an unusual term for a moisturiser. But it really does describe their texture/consistency perfectly! It is super light and fluffy and when applied to the skin feels really cooling and refreshing. The Caudalie does lean slightly more toward a cream though, whereas the Aqua Boost really does have that "sorbet" texture! 

Both are extremely light on the skin. They sink in quickly. Provide a fantastic amount of hydration and manage to hold it within the skin all day long. Neither of them make my skin look or feel oily.  They are cooling, refreshing and hydrating.

 The only "problem", I don't think I'd even go as far as calling it that, with the Aqua Boost is it is very silicone heavy. Which is fine for me, it doesn't seem to be interfering with my skin at all but once or twice I have noticed that it has "rolled" slightly on my skin, just due to having a high silica content. 
But apart from that, I love it! I just thought I would mention that in case anyone really doesn't like silicones in their products. 




I recommend both products. They are both great and really effective. It is just nice to have a budget friendly option, that works just as well! I think for now, unless I start to have any problems with it (which I doubt I will), I will continue to purchase the Aqua Boost Sorbet for now, simply because it is so much cheaper and I feel they do such a similar job it would be silly to spend twice as much on the Caudalie option now. 
I am really happy I have found a cheaper alternative, not only for myself but for you readers as well!

I hope you found this post helpful. Have you tried either of these products? If so, what did you think of them? I'd love to know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading.

Zoe x 



Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop that has not been marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment