Contact

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

An Affordable Acid Toner (For congested/blemished skin)


I am back talking about yet another form of acid toner. What a surprise! This time, however, it's super affordable, easily available and a brand that I would usually pass by.

This is the Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Cleansing Lotion by Neutrogena. Shocking, right? 

I do not know what made me pick this up in Boots, I just did and I'm quite glad 'cause it is kind of great. 

I expected it to just be loaded with alcohol (which it does contain but I'll talk about that later) like a typical "spot reducing" toner from a drugstore brand. So I was rather surprised when I saw salicylic acid come up as one of the main ingredients. For £3.99 I decided to give it a whirl. 

It is pretty strong. I only use it once, maybe twice, a week.
And because it has a higher amount of alcohol I always, ALWAYS follow up with a toning lotion (Clarins Extra Comfort), serum, moisturiser or oil (depending whether I use it AM or PM) to counteract any dryness it may cause. It does contain also glycerin, which will also help to keep moisture and hydration within the skin. 

It works really, really well. I notice the biggest difference in blackheads, especially on my nose. The are far less visible and less gritty feeling. The salyclic acid really works in penetrating into the pore and flushing everything out, leaving my skin texture far smoother and more even. 

The skin feels very fresh and clean after. I think someone with very oily skin would really like this as it gives the skin that clean feeling without stripping the skin of its natural oils. 

As it contains salyclic acid it will also help to reduce overall congestion within the skin, as well as preventing spots from surfacing in the first place. 

I wouldn't use this if you had very sensitive skin or active acne as the alcohol could make the skin irritated/angry, which is never good. Normal spots, yes. It will work a treat. 

However, I'd say everyone else would be fine as long as you follow up with a nice calming, hydrating oil/moisturiser of some sort. 

I hope you found this helpful! If you give this toner a try, please let me know what you think. 

One of my next posts should be about ANOTHER affordable toner but this time, it's all about hydration! 

Thanks for reading. 

Zoe x 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete