Contact

Sunday, 7 December 2014

The Red Lip That Will Survive Christmas Dinner


There's nothing more festive than a good old red lip. However, I find that I can be put off wearing one if I know I'm going to be eating (which we all tend to do a lot of over the festive season!) 

Last year I decided to just go for the red lip on Christmas Day. I was feeling bold and up for the challenge!

The one I went for? The YSL Glossy Stain in number 13. I am sure anyone reading this who is even slightly into beauty will know about these. If not, basically, they are the perfect mix between a lipstick/lipgloss/balm/stain.


They have the opaque pigmentation of a lipstick.
The intense shine of a lipgloss.
The comfortable, moisturising texture of a balm.
And the longevity of a stain.

You apply 3 layers to get maximum colour and wear out of them.

Number 13 is a gorgeous, bright and very bold, pinky/red shade. It is stunning. By far one of my favourite lip products I own. 



So, on Christmas Day, I whacked this on and headed through for Christmas Dinner. 

After I was done, I hesitantly looked in the mirror expecting a very worn off lip, with the rest of it smudged around my face but I was very very pleasantly surprised.

My lips looked perfect! There was a veeeery slight wear right in the middle of my lips but something only I, holding the mirror inches away from my face, would notice. I was so impressed! 

It truly stayed in place all night, through the whole of dinner, drinks, lots of chatting, pudding and whatever else I threw at it that night. The colour stayed as bright and as bold as it was when I first applied it and it stayed looking very glossy and shiny as well. 

It also stayed very comfortable on my lips. Majority of the time I completely forgot I was wearing lipstick at all. The glossy texture makes it very moisturising and comfortable to wear for a long period of time.

The YSL Glossy Stains are expensive, coming in at £25 each. However, they are fantastic products and I'd recommend them to anyone. Pop it on your Christmas list! 


Or, for a cheaper alternative, there is the L'oreal L'Extradinaire by Colour Riche. 
I personally have not tried them myself but have read a lot of reviews comparing them to the YSL Glossy Stain and apparently, they are almost identical. L'oreal own YSL so the chances of them actually being the same product is pretty high. 

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this helpful and it inspired you to wear a festive red lip this Christmas!

Zoe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment